Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bender Bodge Job!!

Thread: Bender Bodge Job!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Bender Bodge Job!!

OK, been a while since anybody posted anything so I'll get something in here.

I bought a bender after crushing some 1.5" DOM on the $5,ooo bender we have at work. Pissed me off - so I bought one I can use at home. Got it Tuesday and assembled it that night. Then the fun began!!! I don't have room inside my shop to bend a 10' stick. What to do, what to do ...

Then I remembered the "Battle of the Bug Empire" and remembered I had a long piece of 2x2 square tubing under the shop and I had some left over 3x5 1/4 angle iron from the rock slider project Quick design some time with the band saw and I made a couple 'L' shaped plates that fit the 3x3 square bender stand. A quick shot with a 1/2 drill, some grinding and welding (and more grinding ) and VOLIA!!! A bender stand that fits in my trucks trailer hitch!!!

Here's my April FOOLs bodge job on the bender stand ...

5' piece of 2x2 square tubing with some modified 3x5 angle iron welded together

Fits the hitch fine =D>

To make it easy to get in and out and clamp it down so it doesn't wobble, I drilled a thru-hole for a 1/2" bolt and put a crush sleeve on it. Well that's what I had available and it's a bit short right now, but you get the idea

Hey!! LOOKIE Here!! It WORKS!!

Whatcha think of the idea??

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Looks like it will work. Tha thar is some gud enginuity

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbst
    Looks like it will work. Tha thar is some gud enginuity
    TX
    Only one problem with the design or really the concept . . . it's RAINING LIKE HECK OUTSIDE keeping me from bending my other seat mount

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Well there is that problem.

Well, didn't get pics but "enginuity " won out and I put up the 10x10 "sun" shade over the bender while it was raining so I could at least get the tube bent Later, the the wind picked up (a lot) and I had to tie the 'shade' down to Erin's front brush guard to keep it all from blowing away

Well, the tubes bent (and so am I right now ) and I'll finish welding it all in tomorrow.

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Now C'mon Rat.. you don't melt in the rain.. Ruck up and "get er done"..
    (ok ok I will snivel about working in the cold you snivel about working in the rain..and somebody in the desert can cry about the heat..I personally think a 10 car shop with a small domocile built above it is perfect central heat and air..the wife however for some reason doesn't agree)
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Goose, Goose, Goose . . . I'm not sugar and I've been wet before (even took a shower this morning!!!) and no, I don't shrink (unfortuately), but the rain shade wasn't for me - it was to keep the water off the uncoated steel parts. As it turned out I had to re-sand my "holder" to get the flash rust off it before another coat of primer and a final coat of Flame Red auto paint (sorta matches the Jeep and trailer )
    Dang parts and tools are too $$$ to give over to the rust-monster!!!!

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Ahhh See you swabbies are always thinking, Me I can usually see just to the end of the project.. then when I need it again Either I can't find it ir it's rusted shut/broken...(but I couldn't resist the cheapshot..it was there I had to take it)
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.