Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best Paint Stripper for bodies?

Thread: Best Paint Stripper for bodies?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Best Paint Stripper for bodies?

I'm stripping some fenders for paint - what's the best method?? The wire wheel is taking forever....

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Hey Jack,

I am not sure what the best method is, but I have found that a good course sandpaper and air sander can do the job fairly quick. I have an orbital air sander if you want to borrow it. It takes a big compressor to run it though, the compressor I have now can't keep up with it.

Chris

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar

Aircraft Remover, or Paint stripper works GREAT....wear gloves while using it it will burn your skin, But brush it on and about 5 to 10 minutes later take a putty knife and wipe it off to have a nice fresh bare metal

I am pretty sure you coudl get it at places like advance auto
    -Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Hey Chris, I might take you up on that, but the only compressor I have access to is one of those little small guys. Let me do a little more research first.

I've seen that aircraft paint stripper before, but always wondered if it worked. I might pick some up and see what happens. So what do you do with all of the old paint as you scrape it off? I'd imagine a garbage bag isn't enough...

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    i always dropped it into a 5 gallon bucket, then i dont remember what i did with it. It has been a while

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Bulltear forum member Cook
    I have used the aircraft stripper before also. It will take the paint right off. I just found it a little to messy for me, but then again sanding gets everywhere too.

Chris

Dammit, I saw the title and was hoping there were going to be painted women "bodies".