Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Frame Repair
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frame Repair

Frame Repair

Got a 79 CJ7 tore down and frame sand blasted. Now to repair. The body mount holes are a little large. What size hole is supposed to be in there? The rear of the frame for about 6 inches is bad. Thought about using box channel or C channel. Any Ideas? I have a new valence already.
    Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently tallented fool!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    This thread may help
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...highlight=TOTM

Sorry I have been lucky enough to not have to repair my frame. I believe the holes for the body mounts are 3/4" though

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

I do believe that advance frameworks and 4wd, sell just the body mounts to re-weld back on the frame.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I might have some old ones that are in good shape that I took off a frame that i junked will have to look

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Holes

Thanks. I looked at replacing the whole mount but that was more work than just welding a new piece(100$) over the damaged area. Plus trying to realign the center and the height.
    Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently tallented fool!

this is what i did on my cj5 frame...

everywhere i looked it said 1-1/4" hole. i bought some large and thick washers from t bolt supply house and used a hole saw to "install" them

I don't want to question your idea, but..........
    So how are you holding that in?
    That has to hold your body to the frame, so remember to make it very strong.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

that photo was used to illustrate the idea... i am finished now.. i used a miller 110 to weld the washer into the frame on both sides. not going to have any problem coming apart i can guaranty you that, i am willing to bet that you could pick up the jeep from any of the mounts i replaced.

i dont have a pic of them welded in but i can take one.. did you think that this was the finished product?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    [quote="Penguin"]I don't want to question your idea, but..........
    So how are you holding that in?quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra5laddict
    i used a miller 110 to weld the washer into the frame on both sides. not going to have any problem coming apart i can guaranty you that, i am willing to bet that you could pick up the jeep from any of the mounts i replaced.

i dont have a pic of them welded in but i can take one.. did you think that this was the finished product?
    OOpppss I used JB Weld

Acutally I made 3/16" plates and put them down with a Datona Mig

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

mudrat..

i like that... jb weld... it's funny cause i am sure someone has done it!

it has to be at least as strong as stock and 100 times stronger than the rusted holes that used to hold the body on