Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Frame Repair - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frame Repair

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra5laddict
    i like that... jb weld... it's funny cause i am sure someone has done it!

it has to be at least as strong as stock and 100 times stronger than the rusted holes that used to hold the body on
    Then sold it on E-bay as a restoration

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

My poor old cj-7 only has about 2 1/2 bolts holding the body on the frame.

Probably the strongest point of attachment is the ratchet strap that goes from frame to frame over the flat in front of the windshield.

I did this to keep the cab from lifting everytime I depressed the clutch....

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Hey now..J-B weld has saved my bacon a couple times..I spun a bearing in the housing on a 69 commando I had..Cleaned it out with carb cleaner and built a "ledge" to hold the axle bearing in. (rube goldberg to be sure but it got me home) and 3 weeks ago the high pressure oil feed line to the turbo on the Kenworth broke pulling a grade in the San Rafel swell (I-70 in Utah) and with a little creative use of J-B and a aluminum foil "form" it held for 600 miles (the pyrometer at the turbo runs 950 degrees on a hard pull like that and the oil pressure is 50-60 psi at 2150 RPM). Now for the official disclaimer..Yes it was dangerous and kinda stupid since if it had let go at those temps and pressures spraying on the turbo I probably would have had a oil fire..But hey I'm a professional right..? Dammit quit laughing..
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I feel your pain! I need all new bushings and body mount bolts. Hell, I need a new tub! I do dig the ratchet strap idea! =D>

Sorry about questioning your work. But I have bought some jeeps like MudRat has talked about. I have seen some real
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

penguin,

i am just kidding with ya, .... it sounds like we need to start a thread about some "trail fixes" using jb weld, duct tape, bondo, steel wool, and zip ties.... from what i have seen around here, most of the jeeps (cj's are held together with these fine inventions.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra5laddict
    penguin,

i am just kidding with ya, .... it sounds like we need to start a thread about some "trail fixes" using jb weld, duct tape, bondo, steel wool, and zip ties.... from what i have seen around here, most of the jeeps (cj's are held together with these fine inventions.
    Yep, done a few in mine time also. Those really scary trial fixes or something to get me home because something broke. But what is really scary is when they become permanent fixes on the jeep.
    When I was in highschool people I knew used to say I could fix anything broke with duct tape and bailing wire. I have done a few strange fixes.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps