Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil pump rebuild
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil pump rebuild

Bulltear forum member Cook

oil pump rebuild

I am rebuiding my oil pump and after reading all of the problems everyone has I am a little leary of doing things wrong. My timing cover looks to be in good shape with very little wear showing no heavy scoring the oil filter adapter has a little wear on one side. The gear end clearance is 0.003 and sidewall clearance is 0.002. What do I need to do to make sure that this is setup correct?

Should I buy the midplate or does my adapter look good?

I believe that my filter adapter has the filter bypass cast in, am I correct?

What should I do to the gears before putting them in, I have read the posts about deburring and lapping the gears, is this something I can do?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    No looks good...I would run with it on a used engine and possibly a rebuilt one. If you have oiling problems while warm then I would look into a midplate or possibly a new pump.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Bulltear forum member Cook
    Thanks for the input. I am rebuilding the engine bit I don't know much about the history of it. It ran and had good oil pressure but the pump had been worked on, I could tell due to the whole tube of silicone used to put it back together . I will give a try and see how it goes.

Oh yea MC, I need an intake manifold and some other goodies can you get a performer intake with EGR?

Thanks,
    Chris

to be honest with you go to summitracing.com they have a grandfathered price on the intake manifolds....we cant beat them
    [COLOR=#000000]

Oil pressure Question on a 304

My cover's not in good shape. What is a mid plate, how can I fix the pump?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    OK, so how is it not in good shape??? We need more info here. As for the midplate, it goes between the oul pu,p/timing gear housing and the oil filter adapter. Or you can ditch the filter adapter completely and get a relocation kit like this...

to replace this...

It helps to reduce wear on the filter adapter from wearing down, keeping the gears in their designed spots, which would cause loss of oil pressure. Does that make any sense?
    Jack

I will try to get some pictures. So a mid plate can be added to the filter adaptor if needed, or I can also use a filter re-location kit, correct?

Yup, that's it! MC makes both of them here, jsut depends on what you want to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Yup, that's it! MC makes both of them here, jsut depends on what you want to do...
    What I really want to do is grab a cpt coke and some sleep
    [COLOR=#000000]

Mmmmm, Cpt and coke...... (Insert Homer drool here)