Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
oil pump rebuild - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil pump rebuild

Thanks for the help guys but I still have low oil pressure after installing a new bulltear .007 gasket. The one I took out was .025 the .007 seemed to help a little. Engine is all rebuilt every thing was plasti-gauged and correct.
    Pressure is 75# cold at idle and drops to 5# when warmed up. Runs and sounds great.
    I should add that the pump gears are new also and the housing clearences are good too.

Cpt and coke? ...is that a Cuba Libre? Oh, BTW, is the plunger on top of the spring in the pump, or the other way 'round?
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Quote Originally Posted by langer1
    Thanks for the help guys but I still have low oil pressure after installing a new bulltear .007 gasket. The one I took out was .025 the .007 seemed to help a little. Engine is all rebuilt every thing was plasti-gauged and correct.
    Pressure is 75# cold at idle and drops to 5# when warmed up. Runs and sounds great.
    I should add that the pump gears are new also and the housing clearences are good too.
    Actually no one has posted a pic of the midplate yet. The plate is stainless steel, about 1/8in thick. Ask mc for a pic, as i don't see it in the product section anymore. The pic above that was posted, is an oil filter relocation kit.
    It helps to get the right info to start with.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

Quote Originally Posted by 73hornut
    Quote Originally Posted by langer1
    Actually no one has posted a pic of the midplate yet. The plate is stainless steel, about 1/8in thick. Ask mc for a pic, as i don't see it in the product section anymore. The pic above that was posted, is an oil filter relocation kit.
    It helps to get the right info to start with.
    Ok thanks.
    From other Jeep boards it seems I don't have a problem.
    10# for every 1000 rpm is normal.
    I have a new Mechanical cheapo gauge thats market 0-100 psi so it just don't show 10# very good.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Thats still pretty low, I would take off the 7/8 bolt from the oil filter adaptor and clean the plunger and spring and re-install with a newer spring to see if that makes any difference.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Thats still pretty low, I would take off the 7/8 bolt from the oil filter adaptor and clean the plunger and spring and re-install with a newer spring to see if that makes any difference.
    Ok I'll try that, the gear kit came with a new main spring but not the filter bypass spring.

Methinks you should oughta plug the filter bypass.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.