Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Been a while-need help

Thread: Been a while-need help

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Been a while-need help

Been quite a while since we saw any posts here, so let me pose a question to you ... I got this from one of the guys I used to work with. DB had a heart attack a couple months ago and a quad-bypass, but he still restores old Jeeps (MB's etc) So this kinda took me by surprise when he asked me - Make a note here ... I don't have an answer (me - nothing to answer with? I'm losing it!!) Need help

I am back at work. About 3 weeks now. So far so good, all things considered.
    Hope you are well.

One of the fellows in the North Yard drug what he believes is a CJ2A "out of the woods" with the intent of getting it back on the road. He said it had a clamshell hood.

Any idea how to read this s/n 452-GBI 25432

Thanks, DB
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    OK, besides the eyeballs - - I can't think of a single Jeep that looks like a CJ2, 3,4,5,6,7,8 MB, or M-anything like 38's or 715's, or anything else Jeep/Kaiser that EVER had a hinged-in-the-middle hood (aka the old Dodges and Fords).
    I've asked DB to see if he can get some pics. I'm thinking it was a bastard-alteration by somebody because the body looks like an early CJ??

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Is there any way you can get us some pics?
    79 Cherokee, 401, T-18/D-20 hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Soon to come: Caddy 500,NV4500, NP205, high pinion D-60 front, D-70 rear, SOA, 5.13 gears and 35X12.50's on re centered H1 beadlock wheels

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    A guy has a CJ3A here in Denver with a hood like that. He made it himself. It's pretty easy, since the hoods had a factory seam down the middle. Just split the seam, weld in a piano hinge. He made a bracket for each end of the new hinge, and used factory latches. Except for the ridge left by the hinge, it doesn't even look modified.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns
    Is there any way you can get us some pics?
    I've asked - we'll see if I can get some.
    Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    A guy has a CJ3A here in Denver with a hood like that. He made it himself. It's pretty easy, since the hoods had a factory seam down the middle. Just split the seam, weld in a piano hinge. He made a bracket for each end of the new hinge, and used factory latches. Except for the ridge left by the hinge, it doesn't even look modified.

Bob
    tufcj
    Thanks Bob. Still have to ask "Why"?? Though?
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

is it possible that it's something completely different? Like a Mahindra&Mahindra, or ancient toyota or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Soylent_Green
    is it possible that it's something completely different? Like a Mahindra&Mahindra, or ancient toyota or something?
    Good call!!

Hummmm .. don't know. Went looking for pics to pass to DB this AM to see if his buddy could recognize it and found they are having a sale (with cash back) on their 4x4 tractors =D>

Couldn't find any 40's-50's pics of them. Do you know a site? The ones I found were all solid hood like any CJ??

Byt he way, the vote counter has been reset GO VOTE!! Click my sig line ! \/ \/ \/
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

A lot of those old Mihandra's and such have been butchered soo much over the years (although they started out bastardized to begin with) that who knows anymore. I have yet to see one stateside, though. As for the clamshell hood and why someone would do that - why do people put 22"s on Rubicons? Cause for some reason to them it looks cool. Hopefully we can get some pics up and diasect it!!