Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
401 in cj7 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 401 in cj7

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    she's red......... am i right in thinking either she was rebuilt or she came out of an Intertrational which would explain the red paint and 2bbl carb. ????????
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty
    she's red......... am i right in thinking either she was rebuilt or she came out of an Intertrational which would explain the red paint and 2bbl carb. ????????
    When they rebuild my 360 it came back red also. Not really please with that but I didn't get it done, the PO did so when I go to put it back in I will paint it the right color.

Oh, and like was said, lucky for getting it so cheap.....
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    that definitely a AMC motor. Like said no matter what it is it is a good score. And the tag that TUFCJ was talking about appears to be missing unless it is on the other valve cover, if i remember correctly they are usually on the front of the passenger side

Also i believe Trailbst on the board could use those marker lights of the front grill, if they are not broken. Might want to pm him about it.

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    look for this on the block it will be right under the block motor mount

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyagid
    that definitely a AMC motor. Like said no matter what it is it is a good score. And the tag that TUFCJ was talking about appears to be missing unless it is on the other valve cover, if i remember correctly they are usually on the front of the passenger side

Also i believe Trailbst on the board could use those marker lights of the front grill, if they are not broken. Might want to pm him about it.

-Paul

No no, i agree its amc, but international used the 401 for a few years in thier trucks and the only difference was the carb/intake were 2bbl. but it was amc 401. i also remember them being painted red by international but could be wrong
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Checked the VIN. I have the title and it says it is a 401. THe carb is a four barrel. I had to blow the squirrel nest out and count =D> . The jeep is all original. The title is from 79 so this guy bought it when it was 5 years old.

Tried to start it. It turns over but doesn't seem to wanna fire. I'll try once or twice more then just yank it.

Thanks for all the help.
    Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently tallented fool!

No no, i agree its amc, but international used the 401 for a few years in thier trucks and the only difference was the carb/intake were 2bbl. but it was amc 401. i also remember them being painted red by international but could be wrong
    Ahh yes, i see what you are saying

-Paul
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Quote Originally Posted by grignac48
    Checked the VIN. I have the title and it says it is a 401. THe carb is a four barrel. I had to blow the squirrel nest out and count =D> . The jeep is all original. The title is from 79 so this guy bought it when it was 5 years old.

Tried to start it. It turns over but doesn't seem to wanna fire. I'll try once or twice more then just yank it.

Thanks for all the help.
    Now i am jealous I need to find a deal like that. I cant seem to find 401's in the northeast

-Paul
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Edit: I mis read the post, sorry.

Hey sounds like you got a good deal, what are ya gonna do with the rest of the truck?
    79 Cherokee, 401, T-18/D-20 hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Soon to come: Caddy 500,NV4500, NP205, high pinion D-60 front, D-70 rear, SOA, 5.13 gears and 35X12.50's on re centered H1 beadlock wheels

Part it out. Need anything?
    Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently tallented fool!