Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Tranny?

Thread: Tranny?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Tranny?

What year 727 and QT would be best to put in this 88 Grand Waggie?
    Or should I stick in that spare D-300?

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

QT wasn't made that long and will only bolt up to the TH400 with the texas bolt pattern and goofy long, low spline count output shaft. The Dana will require a lift, so I say do what Taz recommended and stick the original 208 back in. You can grab them for cheap and aplenty over at U Wrench It!!
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    QT wasn't made that long and will only bolt up to the TH400 with the texas bolt pattern and goofy long, low spline count output shaft. The Dana will require a lift, so I say do what Taz recommended and stick the original 208 back in. You can grab them for cheap and aplenty over at U Wrench It!!
    Jack
    Hey Jack - if you make it over there for whatever reason, pick me up one of them "aplenty" trannys and t-cases. I'm in Charleston SC and HOPE to be home next Friday ... The following week the GW goes to the shop for body and paint and if I have the trans/x-fer, THEY can mate it and install it. Yeah, yeah, I know - not much of a project if I don't do it, but there are other factors involved ...

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Jack
    There were at least 2 Quadratracs, which causes confusion. '73 to '79 is the Borg Warner version used with TH400 trans and RH drop. '80/'81 was the NP219 New Process version and LH drop (all '80 to '91 FSJs were LH drop stock)
    You'd have to flip the D300 or swap front axle. (If you want a goodly front lift, use a Chev or Dodge D4 front with RH drop and factory SOA with high steer knuckles and http://ottindustries.com arms)

I've been trying to find a Dodge NP208 which will (most likely since it's 23 spline and off a 727) bolt up to the Jeep 727, but it's RH drop so I can use my RH drop J20 axles in my '73 J4000 to replace the tired TH400/QT with part time/Overdrive kit (stretched chain from heavy towing).

yea but more than likly that came with a np229 which really isn't a bad t case ,just had fix the vac issuse no one wanted to mess with .

Quote Originally Posted by ironroad 32
    yea but more than likly that came with a np229 which really isn't a bad t case ,just had fix the vac issuse no one wanted to mess with .
    You need any parts? This one is going bye-bye. Cheaper to buy one that works.

Pat
    p.s. where the hell have you been Bro? Long time no hear-from??
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE