Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
258/232 for sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 258/232 for sale

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Something I found out today, there is a difference in blocks between 79 and 87 also. The 87 has bungs cast into the rear drivers side that are tapped to mount the throttle bracket assy. The 79 doesn't have those.
    Also the flex-plates are different.
    How do I know? The engine I got from Chris and had rebuilt is a 79, what we're putting it in is an 87 and the parts don't match up So it's going to be NEXT week I get it back - but I'll be in Charleston again!!!

Oh yeah - I have another 258 "hanging " around

Rob's gone and my hoist is in VaBeach ...

Did y'all watch "Overhaul'n" Tuesday night? The shop that's doing all this work had a pretty good commercial on at 1/2 time
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

what's the engine vin, should be on the passenger side in front of the dizzy.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jorg0370
    what's the engine vin, should be on the passenger side in front of the dizzy.
    I'll have to wait to get home to see. I should be picking it up monday next week...

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

there's a decoder around someplace. post the vin, i'll dig up the decoder