Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Locker in AMC20 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locker in AMC20

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Locker Update

Quote Originally Posted by grignac48
    I hope this ends my dealings with the rear axle.
    All done =D>
    I just started mine - - - - again
    OK, so I've gotten Erin's YJ 'bout done and over to the inspection station (yea Virginia ) Just need to install the tune machine and speakers.

So I figure it's time for me to get back to fix'n my rear brakes in the CJ.
    I stuffed a late 80's HD-AMC20 axle under there with a 4.56 Detroit replacing the stock one with an open 3.73.

The plan is to strip all the BS off it - old shock mounts, the bent Chebby chit the PO had installed (tired of bending and tweaking trying to get the brake pads set up right, and maybe the original perches??
    I cheezed out and bought a whole setup from TSMMFG

Got the axle out and up on the work bench - a task when one is by one's self! I aint big enough to clean and jerk this thing soooo .... with a 2 ton chainfall and a dog chain - got'r up there

And of course the obligatory cheez shot with my likeness :P

So I unbolted and pulled the axle shafts, stuffed rags in the ends and figured now is the time to replace the seals and bearings too. But what did I find??? Spun splines on the long side :twisted:

So instead of just changing the bearings, I'll be changing the shafts too. And probably jerking the diff to inspect the splines in there too :twisted: :twisted:

Stand by for more as this project progresses ...

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Hey Rat, I work out, all you had to do was call.
    Hmmm, insert nut and turn....

http://jeepsr4ever.imgbay.com/charter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT11
    Hey Rat, I work out, all you had to do was call.
    I know you do 'Mongo' But I have no clue what your schedule is these days (days or night at HQ????) or if the spousal unit will let you out to help

You know your welcome by anytime - - especially being only 1/2 mile away
    Not a lot of confidence in the brakes holding. This is a weld by the PO!

Spring perch weld ....

Whacked off the 'C' part of the brake mounts - really NOT a lot of confidence

Cleaned and primed ...
    Drivers ...

Pass ...

Now to get the shock mounts off .. . ..

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Days for the most part and a duty phone at all times. Major install going on now so hours tend to vary.
    Hmmm, insert nut and turn....

http://jeepsr4ever.imgbay.com/charter.jpg

Got both sets of shock mouints off today and the axle is comming clean. Now I havie to fab some shock mounts - get axles/beaings and einstall.

Pa
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE