Thread: exhaust question

exhaust question

I just finished putting dual exhaust on my cj.How close can the exhaust pipe be to the steel fuel line?I did not run the pipe below the frame,I went through the skid plate and I realized there is'nt much room to hang the pipe.Just curious as if I should put a heat sheild between the exhaust and fuel line.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: exhaust question

Quote Originally Posted by alex
    I just finished putting dual exhaust on my cj.How close can the exhaust pipe be to the steel fuel line?I did not run the pipe below the frame,I went through the skid plate and I realized there is'nt much room to hang the pipe.Just curious as if I should put a heat sheild between the exhaust and fuel line.
    That was the stock method on my CJ and daughters YJ - but give it as much room as you can and if you think it's too close - stick a heat sheild in there. I'm going to put one under the floor to keep me from getting tooooooo toasty

Mud
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Anyone ever put some heat wrap on there? I have thought about doing that if I ever run into the same problem, you know the stuff they use to wrap headders in to keep under hood temps down.
    79 Cherokee, 401, T-18/D-20 hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Soon to come: Caddy 500,NV4500, NP205, high pinion D-60 front, D-70 rear, SOA, 5.13 gears and 35X12.50's on re centered H1 beadlock wheels