Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Pat's Projects ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat's Projects ...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Pat's Projects ...

What started as a stock, white, rusty, 85 CJ, that was going to be just a restoration. Welllllll ... we're well past that now

What started as (I thought) a fairly clean 87 YJ

Turned into my daughters ride

And the latest addition to the project pile ... an 88 Waggie to be restored for the spousal unit (wife) but she's already told me she wants it higher, and flames painted on it!!!

EDIT: the Waggie is gone too much $$ to restore

One of thee days I'll have one that runs. Maybe (at least my wife hopes so too )
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Nice jeeps. That CJ looks great

Pat, what's left on the CJ? Lets get it running before I move!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Pat, what's left on the CJ? Lets get it running before I move!!!!
    Is it certain your going to Hot-lanta?

Rollover valve (OBTW- indefinate backorder, they don't make them any more). Looks like I'll be by passing that and finishing the fuel system so I can put gas in it and get the final timing set, without sucking the fuel out of a coffee can
    Rear brakes - still haveing a problem with the brake bracket (gotta figure out an E-brake to satisfy VA state inspection...
    Seats - Takin' Fuzzez concept and cutting down the stock seat brackets to fit the APC seats.
    Worked on the PAX side yesterday - after cleaning out the back of the truck, wash/wax, and pack for the next week in Charleston.

I still have to park the trailer thats on the tractor which has the I-6 on it so Justin can cut the grass while I'm gone
    Not much left to do on this one and the YJ should be done this week, but I won't be here to pick it up - and the shop isn't open on weekends.

So I figure I'll pick up the YJ and drop off the GW on the 23'rd (they already have the engine in the shop) and sometime that week I need to finish the CJ so I can make the FSJ Invasion!!!

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    YEAH!!!!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

What are you going to do for e brakes. I and Derek my son have disk brake and no e brake . On our Jeeps.
    One time Derek had his Chevy no e brake He had a barrel of water and 15 bags of cement 94 lb bags on a step hill broke a drive line. he sat and waited till I got there. we locked the hub and got the job done he drove home in front wheel drive with a locker.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jerry
    What are you going to do for e brakes.
    Jerry
    I was thinking of using a hydraulic lock. Bring the rear line up though the floor after the proportioning valve, to a hyd-lok then back down and run it to the rear brakes. Problem is you need to step on the brake to build pressure before setting the lock. Some release when you step on the brake again some set pressure when you pull a handle. Not sure if either are stree legal in VA though because it is not an independant safety brake???

Pat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thanks Jack,
    Yeah I have looked at the case mounted disk - no room and a lot of effort to mount one. Using the caddy calipers is an option and the tsmmfg site has a kit with disks and then just getting the calipers from UWI - that has crossed my mind too and might be the way I have to go to be street legal in VA.

Pat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Dang Mud, you do good work. Those look really nice. I remember when I was getting that close to finishing, it was killing me to not have it done.
    It's not that I am afraid to die....
    It's just that I don't want to be there when it happens -Anon
    Pics of Jeeps