Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Pat's Projects ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat's Projects ...

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    looking good mudrat she will love that waggy too

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

I live in VA and was recently talking with an inspector bout safety equip. I was told that you didn't have to have a windshield and if no windshield no wipers. gotta have a horn, since I will have onboard air I'm looking for a set off a locomotive, I would think with 175 psi going thru them it should be sifficend for the inspector, or an inspector a mile down the road. You have to have working outside door handles, if you have doors, bet the new C6 changes that. Then we talked bout ebrake, I asked bout a hyd lock such as some big trucks have and was told that it would be ok, if its good enough for big trucks it is good enough for small trucks. My Jeep BJ is registered as a Ford multipurpose vehicle, he thought I might have trouble if it looked like a Jeep. I told him I would put a Blue oval on the grill so the inspectors could tell what it is.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by hssss
    I live in VA and was recently talking with an inspector bout safety equip. I was told that you didn't have to have a windshield and if no windshield no wipers. gotta have a horn, since I will have onboard air I'm looking for a set off a locomotive, I would think with 175 psi going thru them it should be sifficend for the inspector, or an inspector a mile down the road. You have to have working outside door handles, if you have doors, bet the new C6 changes that. Then we talked bout ebrake, I asked bout a hyd lock such as some big trucks have and was told that it would be ok, if its good enough for big trucks it is good enough for small trucks. My Jeep BJ is registered as a Ford multipurpose vehicle, he thought I might have trouble if it looked like a Jeep. I told him I would put a Blue oval on the grill so the inspectors could tell what it is.
    I need to haul my junk up there for inspection then I talked to 3 places here in The News and they all said a seperate system?

I got the new disk break set up from TSMMG and now need to clean the workbench off and get the axle up there where it's easier to work on. Better leverage to cut the old crap off and better leverage for the old man here

Where at in the mountains? I hunt up west of Staunton around the Bull Pasture creek area.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

The smog part of our inspection is look under car, yup it has a cat. You might try "If its good enough for big trucks then it should be good enough for small ones", thats what convinced the local inspector. I live near Princeton, WV at 77&460. I'm wanting to do a full float on a 9" with disks, have to settle for Lincoln disks for now.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Well Just a tip on the train horn idea, dont blow them for a DOT inspector.. cause they arent legal on the street.. having said that you can get them at Iowa 80 truck stop (online) chrome shop for about 200 bucks. however look at the dimensions.. they are pretty big.

the little plastic JC whitney jobs are legal though.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thanks Hsss and Jack, I think #4 is where the local guys are making the distinction ...
    4. - INSPECT PARKING BRAKE FOR:
    Broken or missing parts.
    Proper adjustment.
    Standard factory equipment or equivalent.

Standard is a seperate system with a cable actuation ...

What ever - it will have one again when I can get them on.
    Wonder if they gig me for seatbelts too? 4-point harnesses ...

19. – INSPECT SEAT BELTS FOR:
    Approved type.
    Installation.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I can't remember where, but I think 4 point harnesses are a no-no for street driving. Can't remember who on-line I heard that from (Think it was on the Jeep-L) but they could pass and had to put in regular belts. I think it had to due to the fact that 95% of people install the 4 point harness wrong so it crushes their spine in an accident instead of mounting it where the top straps hold you in.... Course I can't remember what state it was either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Course I can't remember what state it was either.
    What state? Or what state of mind you were in ?
    I think the ones I got from RCI say they are street legal (they bolt in rather than clip on) - now I can't remember

Pat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    it most likley has to do 4 or 5 point harnesses are SFI approved and not DOT approved

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile