Bulltear Ad

Thread: Recommendations for 304 intake for FI and cam

Recommendations for 304 intake for FI and cam

I would like to know what the best intake would be for the Holley Pro-jection 2D digital Fuel Injection 670 CFM I just bought. Thinking of using the Torker. Also what cam would you recommend? I am going to freshen up the motor, rings, lifters, heads, ect. The motor is running a RV cam and was bored .020 over on the last overhaul. Thanks.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    With an RV cam and the small valves of the 304, The 670 might be too much throttle body for a crisp throttle response. I would definitely stay away from the torker manifold unless you're revving it above 3000 RPM regularly. Go with a Edelbrock Performer manifold, or maybe the new Performer air gap. On a 304, you might even experiment with the old SP2P or Holley Dominator if you can find one (both out of production).

I ran a Holley 600 on my 360 for years with great results, and now I have a Howell TBI system (on a performer manifold and performer cam). The GM TBI is rated under 500 CFM, and it feeds plenty of fuel, and the throttle response is very crisp. The injection can compensate some, but you can feed too much air too fast. The result will be a sluggish bottom end, exactly what you DON'T want for 4-wheeling. Bigger ISN'T better, especially for a 4-wheel drive vehicle that rarely sees high RPMs.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford