Thread: Welcome Merr6267!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Welcome Merr6267!!

Welcome (back) aboard - you need to post more than one a year though Merr!!
    A member since June 11 2004 and his/her 3rd post is to join us here.

Ever get your torque converter for the 904/998/999 tranny??

Mudrat the mod!!

Oh yeah, elephants NEVER forget!!!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    welcome to mudrats house
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Hey guys, (gals).

I check in quite often, and just now figured out how to join these groups. hehe.

I'll tell a little about myself in my Jeep.

I'm 22, a senior at Kettering University in Flint, MI where I'm studying Mechanical Engineering. I've got a '80 CJ-7 with a few necessary mods that change about every weekend when I go home from school.
    Right now I have a 360, stock bottom end aside from new main bearings. Have a cheapo Cam from ebay, Air Gap intake, Edelbrock 600 carb, cheapo out-of-frame headers and stock ignition.

As Mudrat alluded to, I have a 999? tranny with a new converter and pump from PTC ot of Alabama. It's a mild converter ~2200 stall. I've been through that tranny, just replacing seals and a simple shift kit. (It's held up well for a full year, plan to really build it when it blows)

D-300 t-case, plan to put a seal kit and inspect the internals in the next few weeks.

I've now nearly finished my SOA project. After stripping the ring gear off the front diff last year, I upgraded to a Waggy D44 in the front, and a Ford 9" in the rear from an early Bronco. (They were both free)
    The rear has a stock Trac-Loc (for now), and the front has a limited slip that I bought from a friend. Oh, and 4.56 gears.

The frame has been chopped off in the back and replaced with square tubing that just happened to slide right over the stock sections. (she was rusty) I'ts been that way for 2 years, and held up well so I have a little more faith in my fabrication abilities. The front has had the springs outboarded, and braced accordingly.

I *just* got it all back together for the Memorial day weekend that I spent at Silver Lake sand dunes near Ludington, MI. All I've got for tires now is a set of 35" BFG All terrains (good in sand, mud is not something that I'm too capable in right now) but I'll change that as soon as I come up with some cash to buy another set of wheels and tires. (ugh)

I guess It's getting long, so, I'll move along. Thanks for all the help that I've gleaned off ths site for a while.

I'll try to provide some input here and there where I have somethig to say.

Thanks,
    Phill Merrill
    Heep CJ-7, 360, SOA, D44, Ford 9", Rust, Primer, faded paint. Blah Blah Blah.