Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
No oil pressure after rebuild
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No oil pressure after rebuild

No oil pressure after rebuild

I just got done with my rebuild. Engine runs fine sounds great. I had doubts about my old oil pressure gage working correctly, so bought a new mechanical one today. After the engine warmed up it dropped to 5 psi. The timing cover, gears, spring, and adapter were all replaced with parts ordered from here. Everything litereally was replaced in the rebuild process. I did not try to get the air out of the line yet, could this make that big of a difference? Any other suggestions?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Yup, air in your line could make a big difference on your guage. You could also undo the mechanical line at the block, pull the distributor, spin the oil pump with a drill and try to hold your finger over the hole to see if you feel pressure. Just a thought.....

Ok I'll try to get the air out tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Yeah let us know right away.... you can pull the coil wire and have someone hold the end of the tube as you turn it over oil will come out and splash all over unless you have it in a bottle or bucket...then attach it when the motor stops spinning. That should give you a accurate reading
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    OK MC, your way sounds easier!! Showoff!

Ok I got all of the air out of the line and still have no pressure. At first start up I have about 45 psi at idle, then it goes down to 20, then down to 5 at idle and 10 with throttle. Please let me know anything this could be; I spend too much on this rebuild and don't want to kill it. I have studied this site religiously during the rebuild process, and followed everything to a T. What could be doing this?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Hmmm That is too low. We will blueprint the timing cover for you free of charge if you send it back but I am thinking a bad clearance issue in the bearings somewhere
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    also try a different guage. My jeep was having similiar problems at one point, and it was due to the gauge being bad, even though it was new

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Is your oil pickup spaced properly from the bottom of the pan? Were the cam bearings replaced during the rebuild, and were they indexed properly to the oil passages?

Just a couple of things I could think of.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

I had a problem with a 304 once and it was the cam bearings, they had been installed wrong at the machine shop.

My Two Cents Worth.....

Keep us posted on what you find though......