Bulltear Ad

Thread: Cutting down a Truck( kenworth ,etc) radiator for a warm 360

Cutting down a Truck( kenworth ,etc) radiator for a warm 360

I was wondering if anyone has ever cut down a huge truck radiator for their Jeep ?

I have seen "HUGE" truck aluminuim/brass radiators ready for scap metal guys to pick them up at truck service centres ( asked guy how to buy one & he said about $100 ), just for a tiny hole or dent. i was wondering how hard it would be to cut one down and make end caps of modify existing ones , i have read about this and was wondering how hard it would be ????????

think at how awesome your JEEP could be with one of these babys modified to suit your rig. Your engine would run too cooool - lol

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I would be real cautious buying one of those rads.. they arent usually replaced unless there is something bad wrong with them.. (I have rplace one in 2 million miles thanks to the impressive rack of a mule deer). and they are usually beyond cost effective repair.. but since the tanks bolt on if you are good with a tig you could probably cut one down with enough time to dedicat to the problem. although a smaller rad like out of the FL70 baby freightliners or the other smaller versions would be a better starting point.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

I spoke to truck dealer a little while ago and was told most of the new rigs , if anything go's wrong with something even a slight problem , they just replace it with a new one. I have seen aluminuim raidators in a pile ( big buggers ) and when you have close look , some have a few minor holes , or a ding or something. Most of these radiators are nealy 4 times bigger than one for a FSJ , so there's no problem missing the damaged part when you cut it down. i'll probably try it if i can find a place up here that gets rid of them ( as i moved a 15 months ago from melb to brisbane ), worse thing is that i lose $100-$200 bucks and have flashy looking table with holes in it or a wall mounting - lol

if you don't try , you will never know ....