Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Parabolic springs ???

Thread: Parabolic springs ???

Parabolic springs ???

Has anyone used or know of anyone who has parabolic springs( new technology leaf springs ) on their Jeep/fourby ? feedback ?

www.westraliasprings.com.au/para.html ( small west Australian company )

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Parabolic springs ???

Quote Originally Posted by FSJer
    Has anyone used or know of anyone who has parabolic springs( new technology leaf springs ) on their Jeep/fourby ? feedback ?

www.westraliasprings.com.au/para.html ( small west Australian company )
    Nope - first I heard of them. I tihink I understand the design principle, but not quite sure of how they would work as a single leaf Not quite sure the physics of the horizontal flex with respect to verticle compression.

Impressive cadre of users though
    Fruehauf Trailer
    Inter / Iveco
    Isuzu
    Mack
    Kenworth
    Volvo
    Western Star
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I have heard of these springs. In the class 8 trucks anyway. They have a pretty good reputation for riding as smoothly as an air ride susp. actually the principal as I understand it is : a thick single or dual spring very thick in the middle then tapering towards each end , sort of like the "overload springs" of the past.. I havent pulled a wagon with them on it yet but I'll holler if I do. I wouldn't doubt thier reliability as in the truck world things that break before a million miles are pushed aside pretty quick.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Ford used them too on thier 3/4 and 1 ton diesels and 460 powered trucks 94+
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Parabolic springs on the front of SOA coversion ( FSJ ) ....

if there is only 2 springs in a parabolic , then if i did a SOA , it would'nt be so high like 7 inches , possibly more like 5 inches - could be perfect in what i seek as i want 2-3 inch bodlift also to clear propane tanks underneath , yet enough clearance for 35' tyre's - have to enquire about it .

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Does sound like a good deal. And if they ride better - sa-weeet
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE