Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Trigger Wheel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger Wheel

Trigger Wheel

I'm looking to have a 36-1 trigger wheel made that will fit in between the crank pulley and the balancer on an AMC 360 (88 SJ). Then I need to find a way to get a VR sensor to 1 mm distance from the teeth. I can get a diagram to you for the basic dimensions of the wheel. It needs to be steel (magnetic propperties0 and need to think about mounting possibilities for the VR sensor. The other concern is not displacing the crank pulley too far from the balancer and creating an angle in the pulley belts.

This would be for retrofitting EDIS, which could be very nice (programable wasted spark

-Nick

http://home.earthlink.net/~beanbooge...s/36-1ring.jpg

This is a diagram of the stock trigger wheel for Fords. The width of the teeth needs to remain the same. The inner diametter needs to be smaller so that four mounting holes can be drilled that use the bolts that attach the crank pulley to the engine. The outer diameter needs to be large enough to stick out further than the base of the crank pulley.

a thousand words

oops

I'm only getting the image to work if i rightclick on it. So does this seem like a feasible request? I don't trust myself to make anything that spins at 4k rpm. Let me know if there are any additional numbers I can provide for you.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepGuy24
    I'm only getting the image to work if i rightclick on it. So does this seem like a feasible request? I don't trust myself to make anything that spins at 4k rpm. Let me know if there are any additional numbers I can provide for you.
    Jeep Guy - your coding for the board is correct, but Webshots encodes the pics when you upload them. Using the url in the address block when the OWNER views them doesn't work to link to.
    I have a Webshots account, and I can't see your pics unless you 'invite me' to.
    With webshots you need to invite others to view and post THAT link. I normally invite myself (to my personal e-mail addy) then use that link to post on a BBS. Yeah it's cumbersom and Photobucket gives you a url under each pic if you want to link to individual pics directly (not an album like Webshots does).
    Also I just tried to access my account and the server is down ??
    Last Tellico trip

Hope this helps

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Jeep Guy- - we got it the first time!! Just Kidding

When you look at your post and you see "edit" in the upper right hand frame -YOU can edit what you wrote.

In this case I finished your [/i tag to read [/img] and got the same post.

You can also use the "Preview" button next to the 'Submit" to see if what you wrote is really what you wanted to say.

Just something for your information I don't mind fixing what you post, but you can make my job easier =D>

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thanks for helping me out. I don't see an "edit" on the upper right corner of mine. Oh well, do you think any more pictures would be useful to get an idea of what I'm looking for? thanks again for your help.
    -Nick

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGuy24
    Thanks for helping me out. I don't see an "edit" on the upper right corner of mine. Oh well, do you think any more pictures would be useful to get an idea of what I'm looking for? thanks again for your help.
    -Nick
    Odd ... you should have both an 'edit' button and an 'x' button inside your post to delete your own post???

Oh well, chalk it up to 'those damned computers'

I deleted the dupe for ya.

But the real question is, have you gotten your trigger wheel yet? How's the build going? Curious because I'm building an 88 SJ with a built 360 and may look at doing this after I get tired of the naturally aspirated set up

Pat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE