Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Main stud girdle for AMC V-8 - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Main stud girdle for AMC V-8

Guys - thanks for the info.

I have a 360 in storage now that one day will be built, this time, a little stronger on the bottom end.

A 401 would be nice. Once I'm a little further along with the 360 I'm working on now, and have more resources (cough, money, cough) I'll be keeping an eye out. Though if a good deal comes along, who knows!

Steve

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown7
    Quote Originally Posted by javsst
    So whatever became of the stud girdle? :) Too late for the 360 I'm building now, but I do have another one lying around that
    could prove interesting.

Also, would the main studs available be tall enough to accommodate the girdle?

Thanks!

Steve
    Contact a fellow named Larry Keoman on the AMC forum.com he's out of Oregon, sells and makes AMC girdles.
    Phone 541-973-7449

MC's too busy makin' my timing cover
    ARP AMC head studs work.

Jeff

Yes I am...your oil pump will be belt driven off a new crank pulley Jeff.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever

Yes I am...your oil pump will be belt driven off a new crank pulley Jeff.
    Hope I got the room

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Larry keonman, can also be reached at bulletbuilder1@embarkmail.com
    He is now a member on this site and http://www.amcforums.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl, under bulletbuilder.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

Stud Girdle by Lary Keonman

#Lary Keonman: 541-973-7449

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bulltear forum member Cook

Girdle

Just spoke to Larry concerning his AMC girdle, he said he is running a special discount in the month of June, and has a few in stock as of today. Really nice guy to talk to, told me he has been making them for a very long time.

The money order is in the mail the first day of June for his kit.

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum

AMC Stud Girdle: Good or Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Blown7
    Contact a fellow named Larry Keoman on the AMC forum.com he's out of Oregon, sells and makes AMC girdles.
    Phone 541-973-7449

ARP AMC head studs work.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by milnersXcoupe
    #Lary Keonman: 541-973-7449

Well they may have a couple of issues. One is that the expansion rate MUST be the same as the stock cap. 1045 is the popular choice of material and it has a co-efficient of thermal expansion that is VERY close to the stock caps and block, 212 - 750 deg F. is 5.9-7.5 (per pro grams specs) Which is probly heat treated. When you use a plasma or lasered piece and it expands much greater than those numbers (mild steel) then your nuts will loosen. Material stability is another one...mild steel will dance under the heat due to the stresses (unless stress relieved) and for that length and thickness of material if it is indeed mild steel it can cause bearing issues. All this considering the machinist hasnt done his math on the material involved. Other considerations would be the flatness of the material. Blanchard grinding give materials a ultra flat surface, better than just a machined surface. The holes should also be VERY close to .500. Hopefully all this is integrated into this item.
    Okay, so what is the bottom line?
    I am reading conflicting comments.

Do Stud Girdles for the AMC 360 work?
    Does this piece from Larry Keoman help or hurt?
    Bryan Smith
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    - 5.7 HEMI powered
    1982 Jeep J10
    - Progress toward road-worthiness is being made!
    1981 Jeep J20
    - Commercial flat bed - Long term Project: RUST! Long term project (RUST!)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I believe this is a solution that could work for a while. How long depends on the heat/cooling cycles and fastener tension. Lots of these are made from 1045 steel (medium carbon middle range tension strength) and work very well. This is a unique piece for a AMC V8 ...I would use one.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    I believe this is a solution that could work for a while. How long depends on the heat/cooling cycles and fastener tension. Lots of these are made from 1045 steel (medium carbon middle range tension strength) and work very well. This is a unique piece for a AMC V8 ...I would use one.
    I forgot to add on the latest revision of the engine I added dowel pins.
    I doweled the plate to the caps.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Bulltear forum member Cook

main cap girdle

I received the AMC girdle last week, Larry packed the item up very well and was mail to me in a very timely fashion. The instruction are very well written out with alot of details. The correct ARP studs & nuts were also in the kit. He gave me a copy of his AMC V-8 oiling modification pictorial manual.

The manual has many very clear photos and detail mods for the AMC block. It lays out three stages of modifications with plenty of photo on each stage and mods. Very worth the price of the manual.

Give him a call 541-973-7449
    Finishline motor & machine