Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dual Alt install with Mc's bracket
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Alt install with Mc's bracket

Dual Alt install with Mc's bracket

So I got around today to installing the my dual alternator setup. Couple issues with the brackets. The stud that holds the bolt to the alternator from the manifold really needs to have more thread on it, in both directions. Any alternator with more then a 1/2" thick foot will find that you only have about 3 threads sticking out for the last nut. Also with the lock nut my alternator, and it looks like the stock 10si would have this problem as the foot is the same size will cause the alternator stick out about 1/8" too far towards the front of the engine. Nothing you wouldn't notice unless looking for it and how the belts ride on the pullies. I tried turning the stud farther into the manifold bracket , but there just wasn't enough threads left I tried to locate a jam nut to use in stead of the backing nut but my local hardware store didn't have one that size.

Anyway, this is a 24volt motorola 45 amp alternator I used two 49.5" belts, originally I trids the AMC V8 belts (50.5") used with for the AC setup, however I needed to have both tention adjusters all the way out to get it tight enough, I went back got two that where 1" shorter. So far it works great. I still have to hook the alternator up to my battery but that should be easy

All in all the quality machine work looked supurb

Thanks MC.

-RJ
    1978 Jeep CJ-7 on Won-Tons :D Nv4500/4:1 SOA on ALCANS and mtr's

So whats the 2nd alt for? To power a on board welder?
    79 Cherokee, 401, T-18/D-20 hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Soon to come: Caddy 500,NV4500, NP205, high pinion D-60 front, D-70 rear, SOA, 5.13 gears and 35X12.50's on re centered H1 beadlock wheels

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Looks like the set up will work well......IIRC you are some what local to me, will i get to see it at the Jeep Rally in Somers, CT?

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns
    So whats the 2nd alt for? To power a on board welder?
    The 2nd alt will be 3 fold, OBW, pwoer the winch, and my portable 7CFM air compressor that I built. I wanted a completly second electrical system for these and 24 volt is much more efficient for the most part.

-RJ

Quote Originally Posted by pyagid
    Looks like the set up will work well......IIRC you are some what local to me, will i get to see it at the Jeep Rally in Somers, CT?

-Paul
    I am just north of you, well by about 4 hours in Vermont. Won't be headed down for the Jeep rally as I have other obligations. Tour De Rock 2005 should be a great event this fall if you are going to be in NH for it?

-RJ

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Dual Alt install with Mc's bracket

Quote Originally Posted by 78304CJ-7
    Anyway, this is a 24volt motorola 45 amp alternator I used two 49.5" belts, originally I tried the AMC V8 belts (50.5") used with for the AC setup, however I needed to have both tention adjusters all the way out to get it tight enough, I went back got two that where 1" shorter. So far it works great. I still have to hook the alternator up to my battery but that should be easy.

Thanks MC.

-RJ
    Man that looks SWEET! Let us know how it works, and make sure you do a complete write up (how to do, what to and what NOT to do, sorta thing) for the rest of us couch potatoes

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Shoot thats not how we intended the bracket to be used but it sure does look good that way............

FYI the swing arm attaches to the dogleg bracket and the other side of the alternator bolts to the head with the spacer i still have sitting here for you
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 78304CJ-7
    Tour De Rock 2005 should be a great event this fall if you are going to be in NH for it?

-RJ
    I am going to make the attempt to be there, I already have ALOT of other obligations in October so we will see

-paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

How cool is that!? I think I need an OBW, and air compressor, and refrigerator and toaster. I should send a picture of my FSJ, you'll all laugh
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by tarior
    How cool is that!? I think I need an OBW, and air compressor, and refrigerator and toaster. I should send a picture of my FSJ, you'll all laugh
    Yes you should

" “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE