Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
$7.00/Gallon Gas in Atlanta!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $7.00/Gallon Gas in Atlanta!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Thats nuts Jack
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by mrtazwrench
    after trucks did the show on bio-diesel last weekend, i've been looking into that.
    This has been said on other boards also.

The problem is, most people using bio-diesel, are only using 20% biodiesel, so they're still paying.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Well, You guys hang on to your hats cause this problem is just starting.. they are rationing Diesel fuel to us in the semis.. to 50 gals in a lot of states..(50 gallons is dick.. my tanks hold 300!) the effect of this and the ridiculous fuel prices will be felt on the economy.. soon. We cant get enough fuel to keep moving in some cases and this means a trip taking 3 days (2200 miles) is taking 6 or 7 ..

And just to add, I was in that damn Hurricane trying to get out of Hattisburg MS, It was bad and those pictures on the TV dont tell half the story. FEMA and other state departments need to be horse whipped..they have no friggin clue what they are doing. There are thousands of independant truckers like me out there volunteering to haul Food,Water and medical supplies into the areas and Fema said no! because we hadnt had background checks!! "You might be a terrorist taking advantage of the confusion" they said..WHAT?? What the hell is left to blow up down there?
    Meanwhile many loads of supplies are sitting on the docks with no one to haul them.. Anhuieser Busch has offered thousands of tons of bottled water..

Sorry bout the Rant, but I have seen a small part of the damage down there and my brother and sister live in Baton Rouge and Slidell LA..
    and they all need all the help they can get .
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Oh and now that I have calmed down, what I wanted to say was.. I use the Bio Diesel all of the time (when I can find it) and I have noticed about .25 to .50 mpg increase and the increased power is amazing. and this is from B-20 20 percent blend. I have used the 100% and the only thing you have to watch out for is: it is a very effective fuel system cleaner and the first tank or two (of 100%) will remove all the crap from your tank and lines and plug your filters with it.. but after that you are good to go..

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    That's just nuts!! I started a collection box at the front desk at the hotel and we are offering all hurricane victims our employee rate if they need it. I called FEMA and Red Cross for some guests who were looking for a place to stay but didn't have payment. FEMA said sorry, Red Cross said send them to a shelter. I will give props to whoever Carolyn is at the night shift Red Cross center in downtown Atlanta - she was a lot of help and gave us a lot of information. Our government has its head up its ass. Why no food drops during that week of people trapped? Shoo, I guess I better not get started...

Yea once you scratch through the coating that hides the Government idiocy (sp?) from us you get on a Rant that just seems to build for days..
    Why in the ____ they wouldnt let us in with supplies is beyond me.. and why they dont setup as part of thier emergency planning usin g Civillian resources.. Like US, all trucking companies have dispatchers and load coordinators..give them the shippers and the destination and let us loose..Not to sound too braggy but I drove that mess getting out and I and a lot of others would have turned around and drove right back into it to help. besides they dont have a grip on the fact that we know every backroad thats passable in a truck cause we use them to get around thier asinine D.O.T. inspections.. See Just thinking about it sets me off..FEMA what a joke..the friggen Feds arent qualified to react to and plan for anything that happens faster than on a geoligic or palentological time scale.. I would be willing to bet that as many or MORE people died after the Hurricane from lack of help as the storm killed.

And to close out this edition of the RANT since when did the GOVERNMENT get to decide when where and how we mere Citizens could help each other.

Dirty Harry.

I agree 100% with you except for the last part, I say they should step in as soon as people start shooting each other. Course that wouldn't have been a problem had FEMA been ready for a disater like this (which we ALL knew was coming sooner or later)....

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    I agree 100% with you except for the last part, I say they should step in as soon as people start shooting each other. Course that wouldn't have been a problem had FEMA been ready for a disater like this (which we ALL knew was coming sooner or later)....
    Hell, they could see in on radar and from satellite, they (FEMA and other feds) are total morons!!
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Well, I am somewhat a "survivalist" mentality..in the old school way.. I believe that it is you and me joe bagodonuts responsibility to take REASONABLE precautions to prepare for these natural disasters., You know flashlights bottled water canned goods etc.. and have at least 3 to 4 days worth in a backpack and handy. In addition I believe most folks in good mental health should have and know how to use a firearm for self defense/hunting.. This deal in New Orleans, shows how fast the "Bad element" (read that as scum sucking pigs) will take advantage of a situation to rape, rob and just generally cause mayhem cause there are no badges around.

Dirty Harry.

I couldn't agree anymore. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy cause I carry one of those military can openers on my key chain. Shoo, after going through Hurricane Isabel, I always stock up. Speaking of, I need to get a bag back together now that I moved...