Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange oil pressure problem

Yea, sorry about that, I will have to take some pics tomorrow, and post them, oh but guess what else!!! I kinda never solved my problem, when I put that pressure releif valve back in, I guess it was ME that put it in wrong, yes, I had 80lbs of pressure and the truck didn't knock, but it also blew 2 oil filters off and shot oil all over the place. So, I had another engine with 40k on it and I changed it 2 weeks ago, it was a pain in the ass but it runs great and has about 45lbs of pressure. The only thing is that it is really hard starting when cold, the chock is working and adjusted properly but I have to pump the gas like hell to get it to start. I am going to look at that tomorrow, anyway I will try to take pics of the rig tomorrow and post them.

Talk to you guys later, Jack

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jackndelphine
    Yea, sorry about that, I will have to take some pics tomorrow, and post them, oh but guess what else!!! I kinda never solved my problem, when I put that pressure releif valve back in, I guess it was ME that put it in wrong, yes, I had 80lbs of pressure and the truck didn't knock, but it also blew 2 oil filters off and shot oil all over the place. So, I had another engine with 40k on it and I changed it 2 weeks ago, it was a pain in the ass but it runs great and has about 45lbs of pressure. The only thing is that it is really hard starting when cold, the chock is working and adjusted properly but I have to pump the gas like hell to get it to start. I am going to look at that tomorrow, anyway I will try to take pics of the rig tomorrow and post them.

Talk to you guys later, Jack
    Plunger, spring bolt ... you got it right. Now what the heck happend you did the R&R on the motor???
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE