Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bargin Shopping...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargin Shopping...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Bargin Shopping...

Went out today and picked up the following items...
    MSD Off Road Ignition
    Two Warn clevis' for front bumper
    2" Receiver hitch bracket for front Bumper
    Had 1" holes drilled in 1" plate steel D Ring brackets (thanks Mudrat for the Blank brakets!!)

Total cost for all? $150!! Score!!!

Also don't forget to VOTE!!!
    Jack

Re: Bargin Shopping...

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Went out today and picked up the following items...
    MSD Off Road Ignition
    Two Warn clevis' for front bumper
    2" Receiver hitch bracket for front Bumper
    Had 1" holes drilled in 1" plate steel D Ring brackets (thanks Mudrat for the Blank brakets!!)

Total cost for all? $150!! Score!!!

Also don't forget to VOTE!!!
    Jack
    No sweat on the brackets but ... um ... don't you need an engine before the MSD goes in? What's do'in with your 401??

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I am gonna tinker with it tomorrow. Right now saving my pennies for Vegas!! After Vegas, I am going to start saving my $$ for the machine work, pistons, rings, stainless steel valves, and bearings and then it gets assembled!! So I should have it back together around 2008.

Man, can you believe I had to go to three different off road shops before I found one that would drill the holes for me?? They all kept saying go to a machine shop. I guess no one wanted to use $45 in drill bits for me. Everyone kept asking why I was using metal soooo think also - It was great - I love overkill!! Anywho, I think tomorrow I am going to cut out the slots for all the new brackets and gadgets for the bumper then take it in to get welded up (had to give the welder I had back to its rightful owner before I moved ).

Oh, and I guess I should plug Performance Off Road Center - those are the guys that hooked me up today!!
    http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/

Jack

I am gonna tinker with it tomorrow. Right now saving my pennies for Vegas!! After Vegas, I am going to start saving my $$ for the machine work, pistons, rings, stainless steel valves, and bearings and then it gets assembled!! So I should have it back together around 2008.

Man, can you believe I had to go to three different off road shops before I found one that would drill the holes for me?? They all kept saying go to a machine shop. I guess no one wanted to use $45 in drill bits for me. Everyone kept asking why I was using metal soooo think also - It was great - I love overkill!! Anywho, I think tomorrow I am going to cut out the slots for all the new brackets and gadgets for the bumper then take it in to get welded up (had to give the welder I had back to its rightful owner before I moved ).
    Jack
    Yes on the off road shops, I'll just take a Sat and go to the office and drill mine
    When's this Vegas gig again? You didn't remind me to get tix
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

well thier goes lunch... Alex and the team does wonders up their... and i;m only 5 minutes away...
    Frank Drose

80 CJ5 on tons and propane.
    93 YJ
    49 cj3A welded rear and 31's
    55 & 57 willy's pickup one day build
    75 scout 304, auto

http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=MCfrom

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Yes on the off road shops, I'll just take a Sat and go to the office and drill mine
    Dick!

When's this Vegas gig again? You didn't remind me to get tix
    Oct 14-18. Talked to MC just to inform him on what all he is going to be mising out on!! Don't worry, haven't bought my tickets yet either - gonna buy this friday on payday. You still in?????? Man this is gonna be fun - I need to stop spending money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cj5 buggy
    well thier goes lunch... Alex and the team does wonders up their... and i;m only 5 minutes away...
    Shoo, I wish I would have know, I did nothing but dick around today!! Course I am glad you didn't rope me into some chicken sh!t job!! Lets meet up sometime! I wanna see your rigs! Hey, do you have your own tube bender and welder?????

unfortunatley i don't... heck don't even have a garage since movin up here... but if i can help let me know...
    Frank Drose

80 CJ5 on tons and propane.
    93 YJ
    49 cj3A welded rear and 31's
    55 & 57 willy's pickup one day build
    75 scout 304, auto

http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=MCfrom

Quote Originally Posted by cj5 buggy
    unfortunatley i don't...
    OK, I'll let you slide this time!!

Well, I ordered more toys after having a few cocktails last night. Booze and internet shopping don't go together!! I picked up a bunch of stuff from www.delcity.net and an MSD rev limiter from www.summitracing.com . I laid out my secondary wiring harness last night to be installed at a later date. Picked up 4 switches from www.4X4mods.com for all of my different lights

plus I will be reinstalling the alpine alarm, the CB, the stereo (amps, crossover, cd changer, etc), tons of lights, and all kinds of goodies. Man, I can't wait! I am heading over to help a buddy figure out his CJ shifter problems then gonna swing home and cut out the area for the D ring mounts. Later this week I'll take it over to the 4WD shop to get welded up.

Well, I ordered more toys after having a few cocktails last night. Booze and internet shopping don't go together!! I picked up a bunch of stuff from www.delcity.net and an MSD rev limiter from www.summitracing.com . I laid out my secondary wiring harness last night to be installed at a later date. Picked up 4 switches from www.4X4mods.com for all of my different lights plus I will be reinstalling the alpine alarm, the CB, the stereo (amps, crossover, cd changer, etc), tons of lights, and all kinds of goodies. Man, I can't wait! I am heading over to help a buddy figure out his CJ shifter problems then gonna swing home and cut out the area for the D ring mounts. Later this week I'll take it over to the 4WD shop to get welded up.
    JACK!!! Get the damn thing running THEN worry about making it pretty!!!
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

JACK!!! Get the damn thing running THEN worry about making it pretty!!!
    Yeah, yeah, I know!! I actually did start making progress after I got home. Oh man, I helped a buddy replace his column shifter linkages with a cable activated one today and burned the snot out of the inside of my forearm (read - thin skin there!) on his exhaust. Anywho, swung by home depot tonight and picked up some odds and ends I needed - like a drill and some drill bits, My cordless finally croaked on me, and needed to do some drilling and screwing, so that helped out a lot. I also busted out the fairly new soldering gun and stared sorting out all of the wiring. It's much easier to work on it while it's on the ground layed out than tracking things down after it's installed!!

My plans are to work on the wiring and the bumper over the next couple of weeks to keep me from spending any more money before Vegas. Then once I get back, start in on the engine. I still have plenty of parts to buy for it, plus the machine shop stuff, so I won't really be able to afford it until spring time.

I still need pistons, rings, all new bolts (head, rod, etc), crank and rod bearings, valves, locks, etc. I have everything else, so once I get the machining done, I can focus on buying the parts. Oh, and I still need to buy tires, drive shafts, high steer, regear....... Hopefully I can have it running within the year.... (Yeah right!! Thing hasn't run in 4 as it is!!)