Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
727 Dana 300 Drive Shaft - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 727 Dana 300 Drive Shaft

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Every clokcing ring can be mounted to clock the T-case down or up...except those that are stepped down.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie
    I have spent a couple of hours comtemplating the modification. I believe that I will do both. Get a clocking ring and modify my tranny pan. Clocking the x-case up will move the yoke/shaft away from the pan. Clocking it down will give you more clearance on the side and under the pan towards the front edge of the pan. If you use a stock low profile pan. clocking it down will definitely give you what you need for clearance with the ability to upgrade you output shaft yoke to a 1350/ big shaft upgrade (yummy) I am going to attempt this with a deep TCI cast aluminum pan and then go to Tom woods for the driveshaft. They make the "suprer flex"u-joint/yoke combo that use a thicker walled, smaller diameter tube that I believe you can get in a 1310 yoke, maybe larger. I could be wrong: Have faith brother, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Watch out on those Super flex joints...they like to vibrate at high revs. What I have done in the past is drop the T-case 1" and used aty least a 4" spring. Worked great but their are alot of ways to go. As long as your pinion snub/bump stop holds true you should never have any problems. the first time I did the swap years ago when waggies were $$$$$$$$ I MELTED a drivesahft in half...is disbelief I grabbed the end of it only to make my fingers shiney

YEOUCH!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Yep, I read about them and I beleive they even have a disclaimer when you buy them. I have at least a 4" spring over. I have 2.5 in the springs and had some spring perches made from box tubing. Theres at least another 2 inches there, all on top of the axle. Again, I am running 42"TSLs----
    I thought I would give ole' Tom woods a call and pick thier brains----
    Have you ever seen anyone mount a CV joint at the diff pinion??? You could protect it with some plate welded to the pumpkin (theory only)

Hey Bret--- I just ordered a clocking ring from Go2Guy- Ken Blume down in Arkansas. His clocking ring is steel and only 1/4 thick. The second or third adjustment will bring the center of your output shaft up 3-1/4' and due to the radius will move the output away from your tranny 1". That does not sound like much but I check out mine and I believe now I can get a larger diameter (HD) driveshaft with out the worry of hitting the tranny pan. BINGO!!!!!- Ken was great to chat with--- Very informative.

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Thanks a bunch. I will call him today.