Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Aluminium Tub

Thread: Aluminium Tub

Aluminium Tub

Anyone running one of these tubs? If so, what do you think of it? I hear they are actually stronger than steel tubs but only are about 200-300 lbs. How much does a stock steel cj7 tub weigh?

http://www.jpoffroad.com/replacement/CJ7.htm unk thickness, 285 lbs

http://www.aqualu.com/CJ7%20Jeep.html 5/32 thick, 195 lbs
    CalROCS Supermod SoPo#55

Powertank
    Heretic Fab
    Dave's Offroad Outlet
    Reid Racing
    Interco Tires
    Allied/ Raceline Wheels
    OPQ Propane

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    I'm using a Matkins, check it out. They install all the holes and threaded fastners for a couple hundred more. http://www.matkinsextreme.com/ Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    What was the price on the Matkins? Does not seem to be posted on their site. Thanks.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

I paid 32 hundred and change. Give them a call. Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

What about paint? I have always heard it is real hard to get paint to stick to aluminum.
    79 Cherokee, 401, T-18/D-20 hydroboost, otherwise stock.
    Soon to come: Caddy 500,NV4500, NP205, high pinion D-60 front, D-70 rear, SOA, 5.13 gears and 35X12.50's on re centered H1 beadlock wheels

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns
    What about paint? I have always heard it is real hard to get paint to stick to aluminum.
    You have have a couple options, Zinc Chromate primer, a self etching primer, or in my case Corolar epoxy primer (Dupont trade name) then I used Imron top coat. Its vertually indestructable. Jeff

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    If you clean it well and find the rightplace you can get it anodized
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I have quit a few friends with the JP tubs. 5 of them are or where used in comps. They are friggin tough. I like the narrow bobed CJ8 tub and damn near went that route over my buggy. The narrow CJ7 tub will fit in the bed of a pick up.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Just a note on paint.. Find out what they are using on the Semi trucks.. Those cabs and sleepers are all aluminum.. and the paint stays on for ever under worst conditions..
    Truck dealership body shop?
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.