Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I call'em Jeep EJ's - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I call'em Jeep EJ's

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    That's AWESOME!! Ha ha ha!!! I can't wait to see this project come together! MC - you really need to manufacture the V* swap plates for these kids!!

Hey, nice pics.

I don't like or dislike the Eagles.

Why do they catch so much crap, well, they are Eagles, not Jeeps, hence no designator. Sorry!

It would be like giving a Chrysler or Renault a Jeep designator. Whether or not the parent company is the same, the builder is different.

Cool rig though! Glad to see you are wheeling it.

Erik

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Actually Lifted it takes alot of design for the swap, big time engine mount engineering because the front axle is bolted to the engine. Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Yeah, someone on here (I thought it might have been you Jeff) had one already built for MC to borrow to take dimensions for remanufature.... I'm sure an easy SEARCH would come up with the thread. Was just rehashing an old idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Great looking rigs Mick! So what are the specs on those bad boys?
    The big ones are running DANA HP44's in the front and Ford 9" in the rear with 4.10's, 34" Swamper LTB's, and Lock Right's. The t-cases are Grand Wagoneer NP229's.

The big tan one has a mono-link rear suspension with XJ coils front coils all the way around.

The black one which is my daily driver, has 26" BFG Long Trails, a NP229 t-case, and Lock Right's. I had to machine the locker and shafts in order to fit the 95+ DANA 35-c locker into a DANA 30 case. It's probably the only Eagle on the planet with a locker in the factory front diff.

I drove this car to Moab, 550 miles one way, ran level 4 trails (no bypasses), drove up Dump Bump twice, and drove it home.

The tan one, back when it had the 29" Swampers, ran all of the Poison Spider Mesa/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbst
    Hey, nice pics.

I don't like or dislike the Eagles.

Why do they catch so much crap, well, they are Eagles, not Jeeps, hence no designator. Sorry!

It would be like giving a Chrysler or Renault a Jeep designator. Whether or not the parent company is the same, the builder is different.

Cool rig though! Glad to see you are wheeling it.

Erik
    Glad you like the pics.

Here's my arguement

A 2wd Jeep has no right to even be called a Jeep, but they still call it a Jeep. Even though it's more of a Renault. The Eagle is more Jeep than any 2wd Jeep.

I'll argue that. Some 2-wheel drive Jeep still came with a Dana 44 and 3.73s. The Eagles didn't! Some came with Dana 70s. Some 2wd Jeeps are racing Baja, show me a pic of an Eagle doing that! Tell me of a 2wd Jeep that you know of that isn't worth of its name.

My point was, they were made by Eagle, not Jeep, hence NO DESIGNATOR or Jeep name. Yes, they can be built and wheeled, but so can a lot of other vehicles, and they may wheel better than a Jeep, and might deserve the name also, but they are NOT Jeeps.

I say take pride in having an Eagle that can do those trails. Not try and make it something that it is not. Uniqueness, now that is cool. There are a lot of us schmucks out here who have Jeeps, not a lot of people put as much time, effort, and love into a vehicle, as you obviously have.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by mick
    I had to machine the locker and shafts in order to fit the 95+ DANA 35-c locker into a DANA 30 case. It's probably the only Eagle on the planet with a locker in the factory front diff.
    Did I miss something, or just not know enough about Eagles. Will a Dana 30 locker not fit in a Dana 30 case?

I hope your taking this as lightly as I am.

The DANA 30 in these cars uses c-clips to retain the axles in the housing. Nobody makes a DANA 30 locker with c-clip provisions. The 95+ DANA 35 locker fit in the carrier, and had the c-clip provisions.

------------------------

The Eagle was not made by Eagle, it was made by the same folks, who at the time built Jeep.....AMC. Jeep has never built Jeep, it has been shuffled from one manufacturer to another since the beginning of time.

Jeep also used the DANA 25 which we all know is the benchmark of durability.

Quote Originally Posted by mick
    I hope your taking this as lightly as I am.

The DANA 30 in these cars uses c-clips to retain the axles in the housing. Nobody makes a DANA 30 locker with c-clip provisions. The 95+ DANA 35 locker fit in the carrier, and had the c-clip provisions.

------------------------

The Eagle was not made by Eagle, it was made by the same folks, who at the time built Jeep.....AMC. Jeep has never built Jeep, it has been shuffled from one manufacturer to another since the beginning of time.

Jeep also used the DANA 25 which we all know is the benchmark of durability.
    Well, Yes, Eagle was made by AMC, and is trademarked, just like Jeep. So we are back to parent company. Ford = Mozda, Jaguar, Lincoln, Mercury....... GM = Chevy, GMC, Buick, Cadillac.......

Who else made Jeep, how many can you name?

As for the Dana 25, did you know you could get it in a full-floating version? When did they stop using it? Was it only a front axle?

I mean if we are going to knock Jeep parts and their choices...according to you, the Eagle is a Jeep, and I would consider that a poor manufacturing choice.

Yeah, I'm taking it lightly. I'm a Jeep freak by choice. I think you should embrace being an Eagle Freak.

Erik