Thread: amc 401 4 sale

amc 401 4 sale

ok guy's i am done with it 1500.00 can have it, i dropped the oil pan and checked the pickup tube and welded a nut on the bottom of just in case it sucks up the pan, i put it back together and fired it up, it fired up cold with 45 psi once to operating temperture the pressure dropped off to nothing but when you give it gas it instantly climbs back to 40 psi and drops back off, i am done with it ......... this motor has new everything and lots of bolt on stuff, if you check the post below for the possable 401 sale you can read the list of stuff i have on it, i am going to put it on ebay also , that nissan diesel conversion is looking even better now, it's now on ebay item number 8017945824

401 for sale

i have a 1975 amc 401 thats in my yj i am contomplating selling,so starting from the bottom inside to the outside, crank thrust area rewelded and ground $250.00, the crank was turned 10/10 , rods cleaned and checked, bored 30 over $300.00, complete rebuild kit from hdmaddog in florida with a melling mta-1 cam $575.00 i think, off ebay, heads from speedequipment in california, stock heads completly redone new everything, the pedastools were milled for roller rockers with guide plates 600.00 off ebay, 1.6 scorpion roller rockers 200.00, hardned and longer push rods $140.00 from local speed shop, edelbrock amc performer intake powder coated aluminum 150.00 for the intake off ebay 50.00 for the powder coating,vintage eldelbrock cast aluminum valve covers also powder coated aluminum and deep purple$250.00 for the valve covers from swap meet and $100.00 for the powder coat job they look kick ass.... all new freeze plugs, melling timing kit, timing cover from bull tear with nickle plate pump housing and amc msd pro billet distributor @ $300.00, new oil pan off ebay $85.00,new oil pick up tube from carquest $20.00, i have about 3 hours run time on this motor in the drive way, it has been giving me a fit with oil pressure problems it used to start cold at 20 psi and reach 190 dgrees it drops off to about 5 psi, i have changed out the nickle housing and gears for stock melling gears and stock housing used and i got it up to 40 psi cold and when it warms up to 190 drops off again, i by all means am a ford man and this is 401 is giving me migrains, i am going to drop the oil pan this weekend and check the pick up tube for possable crack and clearance from the oil pan if this does not resolve the problem i am droping a 351 windsor in it or my scout turbo diesel drive train and selling this motor off, this may be a easy fix for you amc gurues but at this point i am lost!!! the engine it self sounds like a beast i really hope to get it straightened out. but if this intrest anyone i am in maryland you are welcome to come buy and fire it up and check it out, you would get everything from top to bottom including the exhaust manifolds, but not the carb it will go on the 351w also will come with new flywheel $125.00 off ebayand a flex plate also new for a torque flight 727 $90.00 from napa

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Hello...Is this the engine that sold on Ebay a week or 2 ago?

401 on ebay

yes this is the one and it didnt sell thanks to a 19 year kid bidding on it for a jeep that his father might buy him! i am going to relist it in january as i am sure funds are low for everyone being christmas time!

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    You did off that 401, right?
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

Bulltear forum member New to the forum

engine

Quote Originally Posted by skyhookdutch View Post
    ok guy's i am done with it 1500.00 can have it, i dropped the oil pan and checked the pickup tube and welded a nut on the bottom of just in case it sucks up the pan, i put it back together and fired it up, it fired up cold with 45 psi once to operating temperture the pressure dropped off to nothing but when you give it gas it instantly climbs back to 40 psi and drops back off, i am done with it ......... this motor has new everything and lots of bolt on stuff, if you check the post below for the possable 401 sale you can read the list of stuff i have on it, i am going to put it on ebay also , that nissan diesel conversion is looking even better now, it's now on ebay item number 8017945824

Is this engine still available

Big Toe

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I seriously doubt it. The original posting is almost 10 years old (11-25-2005).

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford