Thread: nitro r/c engine

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!

nitro r/c engine

I need a .12-.15 size engine I kinda had a little mishap and blew mine up,checked on a rebuild kit and they are about the cost of a new engine. I'm kinda looking for a good working used one. Anybody know if there is a company that makes amc bodies for r/c cars
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Hi, again...I have a bunch of R/C engines, what r u looking for? What is it going in?

looking for .12-.15 size,it's going in a traxxas nitro rustler
    VOTEBUTTON

Ahhh...all my engines are for planes. I had a couple of T-Max's. The 2.5 was way too fast for my yard, had to let it go.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Sounds like a re-gear to get the speed down and torque up
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I did gear it down, but when it hit second it would wheelie out of control. I figured that the rear tires did not have quite the same mushiness & experimented with switching tires around trying to have exactly the same OD, but that never helped. I also had an aftermarket chamber on it, a velocity stack, & had cleaned up the ports a bit. VERY fast & LOUD.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot
    I did gear it down, but when it hit second it would wheelie out of control. I figured that the rear tires did not have quite the same mushiness & experimented with switching tires around trying to have exactly the same OD, but that never helped. I also had an aftermarket chamber on it, a velocity stack, & had cleaned up the ports a bit. VERY fast & LOUD.
    Didja try a 3" well pipe bumper with a schedule 40 stinger ? At least the front end would stay down

Well maybe not - didn't work on my poped and ported 327/4-bolt CJ5 either
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

well I got an engine but now I found out that the reciever is fried after sitting around for a year so now I need a reciever. as for the wheelie problem on the t-maxx the trans has adjustable shift points,maybe that would help
    VOTEBUTTON

I did try that, too much torque for an early shift (still wheelied) & a late shift just was sickening, wringing it out too much.

So I got into building planes.

Then I got in a car wreck & been on morphine ever since. A bit hard to concentrate.

Now I have a 3 year old boy to chase around the house & pull off of the curtains, etc. No time left for anything else. Sure do get tired of Barney & Elmo!!!