Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 360 buildup(j10) Updated

So, which Comp Cam lifters should I use?
    Umm, maybe the lifters they reccommend! But I'll save you the time for looking them up and say they reccommend their PN 822-16. Which are about $86 bucks from Summit, but I think the moderator here may have a better place to order the same quality lifters from if I remember correctly (hint, hint)

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Comp cam 270H
    jeepsr4ever,

Thanks for your reply. One question though... isn't the 270H going to give me a rough idle? I guess I am looking for a cam that will give me the maximum power WITHOUT the rough idle.
    - Pablo

1981 CJ-7 Laredo 360 V8 - Edelbrock EFI & Heads
    1995 YJ Sahara

The lope on idle is actually more dependent on exhaust reversion, so if your exhaust system is good and your compression is decent you shouldn't have a problem. Your idle should be pretty low and fairly mild, but the important thing is that you will have plenty of vacuum for power brakes with that 270H. But it surely won't be as smooth as a stocker, you can't expect glass smooth idles with performance cams and carburetors.

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Thanks SwampRat. How do I know if I have a good compression? My 360 was rebuilt using stock parts except for:

Edelbrock Heads
    Edelbrock Shorty Headers
    Edelbrock Performer Carb and Manifold
    roller rockers and hardened pushrods
    - Pablo

1981 CJ-7 Laredo 360 V8 - Edelbrock EFI & Heads
    1995 YJ Sahara

I am unsure of your compression ratio, but I was stating that decent compression is important to help smooth your idle and help mileage and low speed torque, ect.

Here is a "ballpark" figure static compression ratio calculator
    http://kb-silvolite.com/calc.php?action=comp