Thread: Tranny Question ...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Tranny Question ...

What is the difference between the Select Track and Quadra trac?

Situation:
    Younger bro has a 1994, 5.2L, fully loaded ZJ (the white one he had at the FSJ Invasion), the 'service 4WD' light comes on, goes off, comes on, goes off randomly. He's replaced the sensors - no cure.

The 'Service trans' light is doing the same thing, and he said it feels like it's slipping sometimes - or at least not shifting right at times, then at others runs fine.

The shop plugged him up and the error code says the E-Prom is bad ($200 replacement, $400 for the perfomance setup from HyTech).

What are his options - I'm not even sure what tranny/T-case he's got, he's looking at changing all that crap to get away from the comp-u-tater contol. His is newer than the Heeps I work on and the Jeep Bible doesn't go there??

Comments? Suggestions??

Thanks
    Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    select trac has a 2wd option i believe, quadra-trac is only AWD or 4wd. Other than that my 4x4 book has very limited info about them

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source