Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Newbie on the block - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie on the block

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

When I get the chance I try and get down to help my uncle with roundup - usually works out well for deer season too =D>
    He's down to about 500 head now (from over 1000) - maybe less now since they haven't had rain and the pastures aren't providing grass. He started breedng 1/4 horses for stock work and even had a couple really ugly bulls he was tring to get into the PRC. My aunt made him sell those after he was gored for the 2nd time. Gotta love a medivac bird that can land in the field!!!

But like I said, I quit the bulls when I knew I was going to get hurt bad
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Now thats a horse...good Qhorse is worth its weight in Gold IMHO Did they come along Ok?

Just a question, seems to me that all the weather patterns are getting stupid...here just to sort of set a reference line, we dont have 4 seasons, just The Dry and The Wet.

Years ago the Wet was as reg as clockwork...now its very chancy, so we have about 9 months of plus 40 degree cent (about 103F I think) and 3 months of dry cold, down to about minus 3 cent. Rain when it comes is way down on old rainfall of about 80 inches per year.

Reason for the question seems that most of my online US friends have or are having bad dry times when it should be raining etc. Friends in texas having huge bushfires, in Wisconsin having little rain. Is this the case over all the US ?

Pardon my asking, just that it interests me to try and compare with other Countries.

Deer Hunting?... I have never even seen one live, must be a challenge though. What we have are millions and I mean millions of Roos...eating everything down to the roots...now them I hunt along with the Feral Pigs.

Regards
    drover

We've had like 28 straight days of rain here in the Pacific NW, sh*ts starting to float away.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by drover
    Now thats a horse...good Qhorse is worth its weight in Gold IMHO Did they come along Ok?
    Regards
    The ponies he's working now are coming along - but he has a different trainer now (Hank is pushin 75 so he doesn't break'm anymore but helps train'm), so we'll see. He had 4-5 in 2003 that were sweet! if you weren't squeezing and leaning just right the suckers would cut right out from under you - just like the cartoons! Horse one way or the other to follow the head - and you could wind up on your butt!! He had an Appaloosa cross that was just fantastic and a damn fine looking pony I wanted it, but no room where I live now (and no I didn't get dumped, but it was close!!! )

Weather is strange all over. We're dry for the season here in Virginia (<2" since Christmas), but it's wetter in Georga - Hank (my uncle) is just north of Houston and is selling off cattle because theres been no rain and no graze Kinda really screwed up hay production too so he'll have a smaller herd this winter
    Sister and brother-in-law are nearer the fires in Oklahoma and can smell the smoke drifting eastwards.
    And my nephew say's he's freezing his butt off in Iraq? Strange, didn't get that cold when I was there

Deer hunting can be a challange. With the dry we've had, not a lot of mast for them to work on where we go hunting. But it was damned cold this year. From the 18th to 28 November, we were waking up with sub-freezing temps - 8 to 10C INSIDE the camper!!! Good thing I have a warm bag, but my eyeballs hurt in the AM, guess they were trying to freeze Day time was 5 to 16C which made the animals mostly campout in the shadows and not move. Heavy winter fur and warm temps - they wanted to stay cool, but when they left and started moving ... well, this one decided to follow me home and jump in the freezer =D>

Not big, but tastey =D>

OK, gotta got to work, well I'm at work, so I guess I gotta start doing something
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

you mean they don't pay ya for just showing up?
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by rollen dean montoya
    you mean they don't pay ya for just showing up?
    Nah, it's not a government job
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

oh well. does that mean you gotta work for a living
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by rollen dean montoya
    oh well. does that mean you gotta work for a living
    Yeah kinda

You might like this though ...

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircra.../B2/index.html

Some really cool shots of the B-2!!!
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE