Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet Another amc oiling question

Just to chime back in i fixed the problem. Im not sure which one was the culprit, but i replaced the oil filter with a K&N filter and took the plunger out and didnt find any scoring or anything. Put it back in and Poof magically oil pressure reappears. Its back to showing 50-60 at startup. . I think it was the LPS syndrome. Little Pieces of S$#&. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud4me
    Just to chime back in i fixed the problem. Im not sure which one was the culprit, but i replaced the oil filter with a K&N filter and took the plunger out and didnt find any scoring or anything. Put it back in and Poof magically oil pressure reappears. Its back to showing 50-60 at startup. . I think it was the LPS syndrome. Little Pieces of S$#&. Thanks everyone for the replies.
    Good Deal Mud!!! Now watch the filter and the milage, when you see any drop in pressure, change the filter. but don't trash it, cut it open and see if you have an abnormal amount of sludge in there - it'll tell you the status of your motor. My daughters 87 I-6 was sooooooooo bad I got about 3 qts out of the drain plug, dropped the pan and scooped the other 3 qts out with my hand!!!!!

'Rat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE