Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Alternator brackets when using a CSI electric pump
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternator brackets when using a CSI electric pump

Alternator brackets when using a CSI electric pump

I ran into this problem on my last motor and was wondering what everyone else has been doing. When using a CSI electric pump the stock alternator bracket doesnt work, I sold the motor before I could remedy this but will run into it soon again when I start building my next. Any ideas?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    We have been selling that for over 3 years now
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Do you have any pictures with this on a engine?

I ran an idler pulley on the back of my belt to clear csi electic pump. It works o.k. and I have not thrown a belt yet, but the alternator brackets they are selling look a lot sharper.
    John Kubec

Alternator bracket

Just wondering what type of provisions there are on this bracket for lining up belts. I plan on using a Delco alternator, CSR water pump, and stock bottom pulley. Will I have issues lining up the belt?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    We have been selling that for over 3 years now
    That thing come with instructions??
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by stroked401
    Do you have any pictures with this on a engine?
    He does now ...
    And for lining up belts, the double ended bolt from the intake brace adjusts in and out. I needed to take about 3/8's off the side that goes into the bracket and cut another 3 truns on the bolt for the outter side (MC is that a grade 50000 bolt!!! Tough stuff to thread!!!) to get enough adjustment I'm sure the lower bolt has the same provision - at least that's sorta the way I made mine, but the brace I made put's it in line with the lower pully.

This is the upper ... it spans the #2 intake runner and sticks out holding the bely adjustment arm.

I didn't get the lower post, so I made a brace from some 3/8 all-thread.
    Lemme tall ya - even getting the 1/4" plate steel red hot (newar molten), it's still a bitch to bend when your vice table moves!!!!

" “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Use the other hole Pat and dont you do grinding on that chromed bracket.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Use the other hole Pat and dont you do grinding on that chromed bracket.
    Already in the lowest hole on the head and that lower bracket - isn't chrome - that's the 1/4" plate I melted and bent - then took a flapwheel to clean it up!!!

Didn't touch the upper bracket, just cut off 3/8" the bolt so I could move the ALT in to meet the pulley line

OH! You mean the curved bracket??
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Hmmm I must have gotten the mark 1 model. My kit didnt come with the "stand off" shown in the lower right hand corner of the pic.. I hadnt put it on cause I hadnt figured that out yet..

What we need also is a bracket that allows the mounting of a rotary A/C compressor and the alternator.. I have to put A/c on the full size jeep.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.