Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
401 Build - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 401 Build

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Don't have it on the road yet. I am in no hurry. Let you know when I do. One thing leads to another. Engine is in. Doing some new wiring, electric fuel pump, Lokar throttle and kick down cables, custom aluminium rad, all new AC components. Does it ever end?

Maybe I can get a four wheel drive burnout pic in Car Craft!
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by donwag
    Does it ever end?
    NO!! Been working on mine for far too long too - but then again, I haven't been home that much in the last 5 years
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Hello donwag,

Do you happen to recall where you set the intake centerline on your cam? My build is similar so I am curious.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Well it is in. Took me a while to get tranny, fuel, wiring, throttle and kckdown, etc. up to standard.

Damn! This puppy hauls! And it is a two ton truck.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

82 Waggy - we set the cam to Comp Cam's recommendations, see page 2, the cam specs are posted.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Just a small note. The idle is just a little rough, you know, lopey, lopey. Dosen't bother me, but I thought others would llike to know. Still plenty of vacuum at idle for all the accessories. Heater switches, 4WD actuator, power brakes, etc.

Also of note, I really like the Holley Truck Avenger's vacuum connections. They provide for anything you would need right off the carb base. Plugged all the manifold holes and made a much neater installation.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Looking pretty sweet there DONWAG!!!

I guess I need to get some pics of mine installed in a CJ I like your fuel line & pressure gauge, really don't know where I want to mount mine yet. I've got the 1406 carb with the fuel inlet on the right rear (via hard pipe), I was thinking just under or around the throttle cable mount??
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Mudrat - I have a CJ7 too. On it I ran the fuel line from the tank to the right side with an electric fuel pump on the frame, then up under the battery to the Edelbrock 1406.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Quote Originally Posted by donwag
    Mudrat - I have a CJ7 too. On it I ran the fuel line from the tank to the right side with an electric fuel pump on the frame, then up under the battery to the Edelbrock 1406.
    I've got a new Carter mechanical on mine, which of course is on the drivers side. I was thinking of going to the braided line behind the PS pump along the valve cover to the fire wall, mounting the press gauge then around to the carb.

But I have to tell ya, after 5 years, it was just good (F*&^ING GREAT!!!) to hear the beast turn over under it's own power!!!! I should be "home" for a few months so I'm really hoping to get finished by Thanksgiving, but it won't be broke-in before hunting season

Next year
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Nothing like hearing it run! HooYaa!
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW