Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
ford diffs in yj

Thread: ford diffs in yj

ford diffs in yj

Time for upgrading the axles. Ive got an 88 yj with a amc 360 installed and purring just right,Eldelbrock performer, carb and shorty headers, with two 2 1/4 pipes running into a flowmaster and one 2 1/2 pipe out the back.Transmission is a999 auto and 231transfer case.ITS ALSO got a wangler extreme flexlite electric fan.MY problem is clerance on the front drive shaft only about 2inchs from drivers side exhaut. Im running 2.5inch procomp springs and would like to keep them and go spring over.All my research points toward 78-79 f150 fs diffs would be ford 9inch in the back and dana44 high pinnion in the front with the diff on drivers side. Has anyone one have input on this or done it and is the rear diff center or offset my t-case yoke is now centered between frame rails.

rear should be center.. and front.... is offset but I do not remember which side...
    from what I have seen this is a good match for your set up. ford and jeep work well togeather.

what are the ford diffs geared at?

that 9" will handel all that 360 can throw at it..

going fulll width with those axles will help with your center of gravity, but take your time and line those babys up right the first time or you will play heck trying to fix that bobo.

if the ford is one of the "Twin I Beam" frame styles then the front axle will be slightly wider than the rear, so center it from a middle out measurment.