Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
401 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 401

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Sounds like the episode I had with B & R Wrecking in Corvallis. They tried to sell me a 360 as a 401 because the Jeep it was in had a Z code in the VIN. Assured me on the phone it was a running 401 motor. You should have seen it. Waste of my time and money.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum

I don't want this to go on and on, but for the record I DID tell Jerry how to I.D. an AMC motor. (On Sunday afternoon, when I talked to him and asked AGAIN if he was sure it was a 401)

I too have had experiences like the posting above, so whenever I see one for sale I ALWAYS, without exception ask them to check the casting. I explained that to Jerry as well. I told him that I was ONLY interested if it was a 401 In this particular case, he told me it was.

I guess I'll stop beating this dead horse. Thanks for listening guys.

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Wow.
    Not to stick my nose in this, but theres two lesons here:
    1. Always without a doubt know what your selling (before you post it) and 2. if your purchaseing and there's doubt, get pics. Its your only insurance that your getting the right part.
    haveing bought and sold Jeep parts for numerous years on the internet, i understand the problems that can arise from misunderstanding or misidentification. Since private sellers arent bound by waranties or guarantees, its risky business.

Im not pointing fingers at anybody, its just an unfortunate situation and the only thing you can do is learn from it.
    401cid, T18a/D300 twinsticked.
    Lifted, locked, and Swampered

"Its flat here...real flat. And the locals smell like potatoes."

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    Good advice! Thanks!

It sounds like bullsh*t to me.
    However, 360's with TH400's aren't totally worthless, did you make an offer and buy it?
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

If had have talk to Bo a little bit Bo would have loaded the 360 and given it to him for his troubles. Bo just wanted it out of his barn. I don't want to deal with it any more , I would take it to the scrap yard and be done. I was not home and don't know what was said.

Jerry

Re: 401

Quote Originally Posted by JMSII
    I don't want this to go on and on, but for the record I DID tell Jerry how to I.D. an AMC motor. (On Sunday afternoon, when I talked to him and asked AGAIN if he was sure it was a 401)

I too have had experiences like the posting above, so whenever I see one for sale I ALWAYS, without exception ask them to check the casting. I explained that to Jerry as well. I told him that I was ONLY interested if it was a 401 In this particular case, he told me it was.

I guess I'll stop beating this dead horse. Thanks for listening guys.
    2.- They either kept the 401 for themselves and or sold it to somebody else for more and then thought they could scam me into buying a 360.
    I vote for this one............................
    My Sawzall talks to me! If you ain't ripped it off then saw it off!

Helpfull BT forum member Swabie

good reason for....

using an escrow co.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    OK Listen up

1. Jerry explained that he realized it wasnt a 401 but a 360 after JMSII went to pick it up.
    2. Jerry also ate crow pie for not knowing
    3. It could have been a stupid mistake
    4. Thank god JMS knows what the hell he is talking about.
    5. End of discussion.

For the record Jerry I would have flown out there and kicked you in the can if you shipped me a 360 and I paid for a 401 Thank God it didnt get any worse. In the future if you sell something please clearly identify it or dont post the item. 401's are worth money these days and those looking for them wont be taken on a deal. I dont know if you kept the 401 or not and it doesnt matter to me but you owe JMSII a HUGE apology and at least a case of beer if not more for wasting his time and money (Which is VERY valuable to JMS) chasing this mystery motor. We forgive, we forget and we move on from things like this but not untill they are made right!

And keep it clean ok guys
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689