Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Milodon Oiling System Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milodon Oiling System Question

We took it apart today. Looks to me that the oil pressure bypass holes, the small one before and the large rectangular one, do not line up properly with the Milodone unit. I called Milodone a few days ago and they said that they have never encountered the problem I am experiencing. That is hard to believe as poorly as these holes match up.

Option A: It looks to me that if we were to port match these two holes exactly that perhaps the problem would be solved?

Option B: Purchase the tri-flow unit and go with a dual remote oil filter set up. If I choose to go this route is it advisable to use a s.s. midplate? How important is a in-line screen filter (i.e. Moroso) between the pickup and the pump? Does the tri-flow plate come w/ new gaskets and the right length bolts?

Thanks for the help!
    Don't Ask Me Why, I Just Do!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    You can do either A. or B.

If you go B. Their isnt a SS midplate thats works with a #534. You could benefit from a pre-filter or screen. The bolts are 1-7/8-2" 1/4-20.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Finally got the tri-flow plate, dual oil filter adapter, dual K&N oil filters, AN 12 fittings and 3/4" S.S. braided lines set up. Got the engine started using the special 10-40w oil I purchased from Bulltear.com. No blow outs. However, the oil presure is so high it is pegged on the gauge above 80 psi. Please help. I'm going to go get a new oil presure sending unit right now and make sure that it is reading right. However, I doubt that it is the problem. We have lots of oil presure.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    check the plunger and relief spring. I put a heavier relief spring in mine and it does the same thing, but settles to around 65-70psi when warm.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    almost forgot I'm still using the stock pan,although I've had the milodon single line setup sitting around for about a year
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thanks for the feedback. We had taken the stiffer spring out back when we had the problem with the oil filter gasket blowing out. We let it run and warm up and it settled down to about 50 psi at idle. It was pretty scarry to see that thing pegged. The sad thing is that we got it running perfectly and then it blew a head gasket. We suspect a warped head. Oh well. Perhaps now I'll put the cam in it?

Turns out it wasn't the head gasket. We had a vacume line hooked up wrong and we were sucking ATF from the tranny into the intake and the engine was spueing white smoke. Thankfully we figured that out before we tore down the engine. It is running well now. We have all kinds of oil presure! The tri-flow plate is a much better part than the Milodon part. However, plumbing it all in is a big adventure. It appears to me that if you were to stay with the Milodon part some serious port matching needs to be done. I'll keep you posted on how it all works down the road.