Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

amckid's toys
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: amckid's toys

amckid's toys

I posted this in the hotrod room but I guess it belongs here. So this is my stuff that is waiting for my return home. The AMX doesn't leak, it's from my dad's car(just wanted to clear up any ?'s on the matter). Every site I've tryed to use to post pics has been blocked by the GUB-MINT, so here's a link to a Car Domain page I set up to show you guys.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2285045
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    looks good I haven't seen pics of your amx yet
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

My AMX is the grey one in the storage building. Hopefully I can get updated pictures of the car while it's being prepped for the bodyman and while the bodyman has it. They'll probably have to come from my dad but untill then this is all I have. Dad and my friends will be tearing it down and pulling the motor amongst other things to get it ready. It doesn't look like an AMX in the photos because of the Javelin hood, but if you look closely at the side veiw you can see how small the quarterglass is. Dad didn't move the car out to shoot pics because of the stuff that he'd have to hook back up due to it being stored. I have a link to the bodyman's personal site, he usually only works for himself but I hounded him for two years and he's a friend of the family. I bought the car from him too. Here's the link: members.cox.net/mcsuperbee/past_projects.htm

He's owned some very cool cars and most of them aren't pictured on the site.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

you're definately going to have to take a road trip up here when you get back. I have a spare set of slicks for you to try . Shoot maybe I'll take a trip down to iowa, I've heard about a track not to far south of the mn border but I can't remember what town it's in
    VOTEBUTTON

I've heard of a track being up around the Souix City area but I've never been. There is an 1/8th mile about 15 miles south of where I live but I haven't been there either, since it's been built while I've been in the Corps. There are plans to make it a 1/4 but they need more land and the farmer who owns the spot they need won't give it up till he passes away. It's cool that there's a track that's close but it sucks being an 1/8th.

Thanks for the offer on the slicks! I was thinking of picking up a set of MT ET streets myself. I'd like to make a couple passes in Brainerd, I've wanted to race there since going there as a kid to watch the Northstar Nationals. I'll see if my little brother will bring his 71 401 4spd AMX too. He's got some bugs to work out since he rebuilt the 401 but it should be ready by 2007. How strict are they on the rules up there? I'm not saying I'm on a suicide mission but I'd like to have it pass inspection when I get there. I'd hate to make the 500 mile trip and not pass inspection. I won't bring up the beer involved with the visit because that's a given.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

Brainerd is pretty strict about inspections. If your battery is in the trunk it has to be in a vented box and you have to have a power cut off switch if it is in the stock location you have to have a good hold down, if you have an automatic you must have a neutral safety switch or if you have a stick you have to have a switch that only allows the car to start when the clutch is depressed, also I think it is a rule to have a double spring throttle return. I'm not sure if it is a rule but I think if you are running rubber motor mounts you might want to chain down the left side of the engine. If you make it to either the muscle car shootuot or the show n go the car also has to have nice paint ( no primer no bad paint etc). When I send you the mags and what not I will see if I can find an nhra rule book also. Don't worry about the beer there will be plenty of it there as long as you like mich golden light, yeah I know "light beer" but the way I figure with light beer I can drink more of it
    VOTEBUTTON

Here's a pic of dad's truck. I just made a deal for it, so it'll be mine real soon. It's a 78 Levi's Honcho, 3602bbl/3spd stick. Minus the rust, the orange and blue interior are the original colors. it was repainted in the early 90's. But I'm sure you can see the winters weren't nice to it.

Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

I checked out your car domain pics. Your bud with the '72 Matador needs some ported Indy 401 SR heads and and a .600 lift cam. That car with 600 Hp would RULE!!!
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

He planned on putting the High compression 71 heads on it but he doesn't have the funds to put the Indy stuff on it. It's pretty darn fast the way it sits. He bought the car for $1500 a few years ago, it was a 360 2bbl 2.87 open rear. He bought a $700 Wagoneer that had 6,000 miles on a rebuilt 401 swapped the engines and sold the Wagoneer for $750. It has the Air gap and an RV cam in it right now. He did put a locker in it but it still sports the 2.87's. That thing haulz for just an RV cam! here's a pic....
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

Really makes me want to get mine going.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.