Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
amckid's toys - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: amckid's toys

I'd like to see you get yours going! Did you say you were planning on a 360 or 401 in it?
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

I have a fresh '70 360 just waiting on the stand, but I haven't come up with the 5 speed trans that I want. So, in my impatience, I am a little tempted to slap in a 401/TH400, just to make it go for summer.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Sounds good either way way you go. I'd be impatient one and toss the TH400 in for the summer.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

I got pictures of my brother's AMX!! Here's a teaser.

Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    looks good
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thanks BREK. Right after we knew his 401 was broken in we went out to a secluded highway just to see who was faster. Well after two runs we couldn't decide who was faster! He's running 3.54's I'm running 3.15's both 4spds 390 vs 401..... It doesn't get much better than that! Shift for shift we were side by side the whole way! One of the best times I've ever had.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

sounds like something i would do . i wish i could talk my brother into putting his nova back on the street so i could teach him a lesson or two i hope you can talk your brother into bringing his car up also when you come up here to visit
    VOTEBUTTON

I think I know how you feel. It took a lot of arm twisting to get dad to get his Grand Prix running again, and it takes even more to get my brother to drive his car. He knows how rare the car is but in the shape that it's in he's embarassed to drive it. The headers are so rusted that the exhaust had to be welded to the headers, so it clatters pretty bad right now. He's considered selling in the past because he can't really afford to drive and maintain the car let alone fix the problems that it has. But I've told him he can have the air gap off of my 70 and the headers off my 69 to get the car running the way it should. I plan on getting new headers anyway and the air gap probably would have been stored on a shelf in the garage. He won't sell now but sometimes it takes a little donation and a kick in the pants to motivate him but hey, that's what brothers are for right?
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

as good as his car looks in the pics if it were me i woulden't care if the exhaust leaked i'd still drive it and be proud of it my brothers nova has had most of the wiring stripped from the car in an effort to make it lighter so we would be in for a lot of work to put that one back on the street
    VOTEBUTTON

Good luck with the wiring! I'm horrible at that stuff, I guess it's my lack of patience that gets me on those kind of jobs. My friend in Jacksonville is a big Nova guy. 30 years as a GM mechanic and the last 7 have been on his own. He has a 67 with a 13.5 to 1 406 smallblock in it. He's helped me a ton with any problems I had while I had the AMX down there. Even though he always gives me sh*t about owning a Rambler. He does it to poke fun cause we're friends, but the one that gets it worse than me has an early 90's fox body Mustang with a 347 stroker. I hang out down at his shop after work almost everyday just to pick up things and he'll even take the time to explain things as he's going. He's a great guy even though he is a Chevy fan.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho