Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
amckid's toys - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: amckid's toys

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    yeah i hate electrical work also, but if we do decide to put the nova back on the street i think we'll just order a painless wiring kit. i know what you mean about people poking fun at the amc crowd but usually after some of us take trophies and the chebby and fjord guys don't they stop laughing and start comlaining that there should of been a different class for us, and when there is a different class for us they complain that there's only 5 or 6 cars show up and theres 20 to 30 cars in their class my answer for that is maybe you should have built (or bought) a different car
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

I agree, but to his defence I've been stationed there for 3 years and I've driven all over down there and I've seen maybe 5 AMC's. One was a completely rusted to oblivion 74 AMX, a 73 Javelin 401 drag car (very cool) , a 68 AMX drag car that is running a 360 MOPAR crate engine. , a 68 343 auto that had 54.000 original miles. That car was original everything including the wheel covers and faded red paint. It buffed out but it would fade again a few days later. Everything else is Jeeps, not that its a bad thing, you just don't see AMC cars down there. Lots of Dodge and Chevy though.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

I got a clip from home! It starts with dad's 66 Grand Prix and at the end there is a short clip of the black 72 Matador.
    http://www.1320video.com/vids/66gp.wmv
    The guys who run this site cover all kinds of racing including the stuff that goes on on the street. I e-mailed them and asked if they would drop by and video dad's car and they did it! They don't have any AMCs in their vids except for the Matador. Nice group of guys though.

There's also a clip of a 77 Gremlin running down the 1320 at this site: http://www.somuscle.com/Video/ Damn PA guy calls it cute though.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

It takes around 1400 bolts and screws to hold a car together, but only takes one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Nice rides!!!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

nice video's

the damn track announcer at rock falls raceway in elk mound wi kept calling my car cute kinda embarrasing if you ask me
    VOTEBUTTON

Thanks, They kept shutting it down there in the begining because they found a fuel leak, then a freeze plug leak, then the new radiator had an air pocket in it.... Bottom line is they did get the cam broken in before they lost daylight. Oh and that was filmed on a Sunday afternoon. I wonder why the neighbors don't like us much? And the Matador sounds pretty good for just an RV cam. He just put 2.5 inch Dynomax muffs on it. It sets off car alarms now.

And for those PA guys... I call 'em poor loosers. He must have been embarassed by a Rambler before. I don't even think girl drag racers like their car being called cute, nomatter what they're driving.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

our neighbors have called the cops on us before but our city noise ordinance doesen't kick in until 9:00pm so theres not a darn thing they can do about it, also our city mayor told me that someone has to seal coat the roads so if i don't mind burning up a set of tires to have at it so needless to say i wrecked my brand new hoosier quiktimes
    VOTEBUTTON

Awesome! Very cool mayor! I think the main reason they don't like us is we have a one car driveway and garage and 13 vehicles. The AMXs are in storage and the Javelin sits across the street in one of the nice neighbors extra driveways (we shovel snow in the winter for them so we can use it) and the rest goes in the street. It's a dead end street so the traffic is minimal but half the neighbors can't park in front of their house. It thins out when my brother goes to school but when I get home they're really gonna be upset. (I'm bringing 3 more from Carolina)

The guy that owns the Matador (Jeff) used to own a 340 69 Barracuda that was in primer. His neighbors turned it in to the city as a junk car. When the cops showed up to make him move it he told them it had open headers and that's way it hasn't moved. When the cops were gone he fired it up and did two really long burnouts back and forth down the street.... The neighbors quit complaining.
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho

thats pretty much how we broke in our neighborhood also, just started doing burnouts up and down the road until 1 day one of the neighbors chased my dad down and told us if we didn't shut the car down he was going to kick all 3 of our asses, yeah ok pal we'll take the 3 on one odds. turns out he's the only one who complaines (guessing he's jealous cause he drives crappy vehicles).
    VOTEBUTTON

I'd say so! Not all of our neighbors hate us, but it's always the a$$holes that stand out. dad said they got a new neighbor next door and he's got a built Monte Carlo that gets parked in the front yard of all places. So they have more to worry about now. Besides there's only about 3 or the original compainers left. The others gave up and moved away. =D>
    Nate
    69 AMX
    70 Javelin
    78 Levi's Honcho