Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
swapping in a 360
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: swapping in a 360

swapping in a 360

Alright so i have a 360 out of my 77 chero, and im gonna swap it into my 85 CJ7, i was gonna swap the th400 in the chero to the CJ but dont want to spend the money to adapt it to the dana 300 in the CJ, so now im thinking of swapping in a 727 but the clocking is different on those if i'm not mistaken but has the same bolt pattern so how hard is it to re drill the t-case (because i dont want to spend the $$$ on a cloking plate) to mate with the 727? Are there any other good tranny's that will mate with the dana 300? and did any one run into any problems swapping in a 360, from what i've read its a pretty straightforward swap

Thanks

Josh

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Hey Josh - doing the 360 swap now into an 87 CJ, the only problem I've had is the heat shield on the DR side above the clutch bellcrank hit the block (yeah - I've got a stick). The 258 bell housing fits the 360 no problem.

I'll be doing the 727 swap later this year, but dunno about the better Auto tranny that doesn't need an adaptor to the T-case ...
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

yea i figured i would end up still going with the 727, i jus started saving up to buy one, but then i got an offer i coudlnt refuse a locker for $125 with only 2k miles on it ...I'll be on the lookout for updates on your swap and wish you good luck, im sure at the end of the day we will both be happy with the swap

Well, this is where I'm at. Waiting on the rest of the parts to button it up ...

" “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

That thing will be bad ass when its all done...An FSJ powered CJ will blow your pants off

o yea and what headers did you get for it?

Quote Originally Posted by bls33
    That thing will be bad ass when its all done...An FSJ powered CJ will blow your pants off

o yea and what headers did you get for it?
    Hope I can keep my pants on, and NOT soiled!!!!! A bored, balanced, blueprinted 360 should be fun

Got some Hedman 99220's in frame - I have to run a Cat in VA so I figure a 2 to 1 pipe through a single exhaust for right now ...
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

How does one put a cat on a fenderwell exhaust? I got the wrong ones (ordered in frame), but said what the hell and mounted them anyway, buttttt .... thought of the VA inspection AFTER I mounted the suckers ????

-Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Trust me, I had a set up fenderwells and since you plan on going off road, you will bash the crap out of them and rip your exhaust off. Pack them up and send them back. If you don't plan on taking it off road, then leave them on - they do always look cool and sound cooler. I'm sure Fuzz would agree!
    Jack

PS - lookin slick! I'm jealous!

I'm starting the swap this week, hope to be done in a couple weeks, will i have any trouble with the wiring? the engine is comming out of a 77 cherokee

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Trust me, I had a set up fenderwells and since you plan on going off road, you will bash the crap out of them and rip your exhaust off.

PS - lookin slick! I'm jealous!
    I got a pair of Fenderwell's on my CJ and I haven't really bashed them at all I have heard what you say from others as well, I dunno I suppose it depends on what kinda wheelin you do..

Lookin Good mudrat , its gunna be a beast ;).

-Dave