Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
swapping in a 360 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: swapping in a 360

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by dbesade
    I got a pair of Fenderwell's on my CJ and I haven't really bashed them at all I have heard what you say from others as well, I dunno I suppose it depends on what kinda wheelin you do..

Lookin Good mudrat , its gunna be a beast ;).

-Dave
    Thanks Dave, but...um...I've rolled 3 and went end-over in one. I've not been real sane when I get 'play'n hard. And if I'm not hard, I ain't play'n

Ummmm ... MC? May want to warn your lady friend when we get to the ONF in a couple weeks. I helped right Bobbed82 after he layed his over at the first Scramble
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Send those things back, might even tell em to keep em and put some manifolds back on. I ended up getting rid of my in-frame hedman's and went back to manifolds.... Much easier to deal with.
    Insert comment here.

Well I got the in frame headers on last night no problem. Instructions said take this and that off (starter, steering shaft ... ), but the only R&R I had to do was the clutch bell crank to wiggle them past the steering shaft, and it bolted right back on. They dump out with plenty of room before the skid so that's not going to be a problem like the Clifford set I had on the I-6.
    But, I found I'm going to make a throttle bracket though The stock unit holds the cable too far away from the throttle (about 1") and that's too much to try and bend it. The nit-noid shit is getting to me - I'm not sure I'll be ready in a week to break in the motor before FL
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

You have to pick up an edelbrock relocation bracket for the throttle cable - they are like 10 bucks or something. I never would have known about this if I hadn't read it in an issue of JP magazine!

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309
    Send those things back, might even tell em to keep em and put some manifolds back on. I ended up getting rid of my in-frame hedman's and went back to manifolds.... Much easier to deal with.
    Hey Jenny, is that you? I got your number. Actually, I got your number off the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    You have to pick up an edelbrock relocation bracket for the throttle cable - they are like 10 bucks or something. I never would have known about this if I hadn't read it in an issue of JP magazine!
    I made one tonight out of some 1/8" plate - I'm sure it will hold up
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Hey, im starting the swap tomorrow so I need to order the headers within the next couple of days what would you reccommend? I need fenderwells due to auto tranny, i want nice thick flanges, dont want any leaking....Also i would like some that dont turn instantly to that rust color like ones i have used in the past

Quote Originally Posted by bls33
    Hey, im starting the swap tomorrow so I need to order the headers within the next couple of days what would you reccommend? I need fenderwells due to auto tranny, i want nice thick flanges, dont want any leaking....Also i would like some that dont turn instantly to that rust color like ones i have used in the past
    I just got a set of Hedmans from Summit for $140 & free shipping. 1/4" flanges. They have the coated ones too for 2wce the $$

The page isn't marked real well for in-frame or fender well. I ordered up a set from the page and they came in fenderwell so I had to swap them out with the inframe. VA requires me to run a Cat and doing that with fender exit headers would not look good

Call them and speak to a human to get the right ones.

"Rust happens, I just deal with it"
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

awesome I will prolly give em a call tomorrow, dont want any mix ups delaying my build

hmmm how about summits headers, any one use them before? I'll give you the stat lines for both summits and hedmans

Summit Headers
    Header Material: Steel
    Header Finish: Painted
    Header Style: Fenderwell
    Primary Tube Diameter (in): 1 5/8 in.
    Collector Diameter (in): 3.000 in.
    Tuned: No
    Primary Tube Gauge: 18-gauge
    Collector Attachment: 3-bolt flange
    Flange Style: Standard
    Flange Thickness (in): 5/16 in.
    Bolts/Studs Included: Yes
    Gaskets Included: Yes
    Reducers Included: Yes
    Y-Pipe Included: No
    Quantity: Sold as a pair.
    $95.95

Hedman Headers
    Header Material: Steel
    Header Finish: Painted
    Header Style: Fenderwell
    Primary Tube Diameter (in): 1 3/4 in.
    Collector Diameter (in): 3.000 in.
    Tuned: No
    Primary Tube Gauge: 16-gauge
    Collector Attachment: Ball and socket flange
    Flange Style: Standard
    Flange Thickness (in): 1/4 in.
    Bolts/Studs Included: Yes
    Gaskets Included: Yes
    Reducers Included: Yes
    Y-Pipe Included: No
    Quantity: Sold as a pair.
    $135.88

Both seem pretty close, but it also says the hedmans can be delivered next day and the summit headers wouldnt be till the 20th, and im using a buddies garage so i dont want to take to much of his time..also i've used hedmans befor and have been very satisfied

Oh yea and mudrat, i've decided to deal with the rust, $389 or whatever the coated ones cost helped