Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
swapping in a 360 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: swapping in a 360

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Meh
    For the extra, I liked the ball and flange and the heavier metal 1/4 vs 3/16 flange and 16 over 18 ga for the bigger tubes.

Summits I'm sure would work.

And the only bolts inculded are the head bolts - not the flanges...
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Coated headers will pay for themselves over time. When I first got my CJ, one of the first mods was headers (fenderwell). The cheapies were $99 then. I went thru a set every couple of years because the location of the collector just behind the front tire caught every bit of dirt and water thrown up. The collectors would rot thru. The coated headers were $199 but I ran them for over 10 years (probably 4-5 sets of uncoated headers). I pulled them off because of emissions laws, and sold them to a buddy. He's still running them, they're almost 20 years old now. I also had problems with cheap headers stress cracking the tubes up near the heads. You get what you pay for.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

i take it the answer to this question is no, but i just thought I'd ask, will the frame to engine mounts from the fsj im taking the engine from work for the swap in the CJ, or do i have to get ones from a CJ that had a 304

You need the CJ specific mounts. The FSJ mounts are different. The drivers side mount is the same from the frame rail to rubber mount on the I-6 and V-8. The passenger side is V-8 specific. The engine block to rubber mount brackets are also V-8 and CJ specific.

I kept breaking the drivers side mount, so I went to www.mountainoffroad.com , and got their Bomb Proof mounts. Definitely worth the money.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford

so you need 2 brackets, Passenger side Frame Mount and Rubber mount...am i correct

You will need 3 CJ specific brackets. Both sides engine block to rubber mount. Passenger side frame to rubber mount. Drivers side frame to rubber mount you can keep. I'm not sure if the rubber mounts are the same on the 6 and 8. They run $15-20 each at a parts store, if they're oily, they'll deteriorate, so why not replace them too.

Check this thread for pics of the CJ engine side mounts.
    http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewt...t=5139&start=0

Brand new sets of brackets here:
    http://www.jeepdoc.com/
    Search on motor mounts

The Bomb Proof ones I mentioned are $200.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

and not have it.
    Henry Ford

I have a habit of realizing obvious things after i purchase a part , and this time I've realized that my nerf bars are prolly gonna cause some problems with the fenderwell headers i just orderd , does it look like I may still be able to manuever around em?

BIG Pic

Um.... NO! Nerf and fenderwell not compatable.

But that's OK, ditch the Nerfs and put some rock sliders on there with a stand off. Then you have the step, a secure slider that won't hang up on anything (like the mall parking space bump stops ) and the header will work just fine!!!

I made my own out of 1/4" 3x5 angle iron, not as fancy with the lazer cutting and all ... but shrockworks has some cool ones that work!!!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

My swap is nearing completion, basically gonna bolt it all up tomarrow and do all the wiring then i just have to run the fuel line around front, then bolt on some purple hornies then i am done, so i should finish up this week

Good deal!!!

I think I finished my wiring and started welding up the exhaust this weekend, among other "Daddy Duty" chores (fixing a sink, yard work - pulling out a couple stubborn bushes with the Dodge , covering a hole in the YJ's 'barn') before the heavens opened up yesterday with 2" of water.
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE