Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil pressure question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil pressure question

Helpfull BT forum member Captain

oil pressure question

Hi,

I don't know if this is normal or not but I'll ask...

I just noticed that the oil pressure on my 360 when I start it cold takes about 1 - 2 seconds to build up. Is this OK?? Previously, I had only noticed a delay in the pressure build-up when I changed the oil.

After the first start-up, I think it's fine. If I turn it off and and on again, the oil pressure gauge goes right up to normal ~50psi.

Thanks for any response.
    - Pablo

1981 CJ-7 Laredo 360 V8 - Edelbrock EFI & Heads
    1995 YJ Sahara

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Pable sounds like you are using a filter without a anti drainback provision. I would suggest a different filter first
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I experience the same problem with three second delays before oil pressure is present during start-up.

The Fram, Napa and the CARQUEST Premium BLUE oil filters all have Anti-pass back. There are others.

Have you found one filter better or worst than others?
    Would you recommend a good oil filter for AMC V8 motors?

Wix, napa gold are the filters I recommend. They are both made by Dana corp.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    what about dana going bankrupt, are they still going to be doing buisness when this is all said and done
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Dana just wanted to get out of paying bills. Depending on which chapter they went with someone got hooched out of alot of money. Thats big business
    [COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Dana just wanted to get out of paying bills. Depending on which chapter they went with someone got hooched out of alot of money. Thats big business
    OK, the latest on Dana's Chapter 11 is HERE

But MC, I've been looking at your sig line pics, Jeeps yes - but what the heck is this?? A head mill??
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    Pable sounds like you are using a filter without a anti drainback provision. I would suggest a different filter first
    Just came back from installing a FRAM PH-25. Seems to be fine now... Although my friend's 258-powered-oil-gauge seems to be quicker to go to the middle.

Thanks a lot for the responses.

on a sidenote, jeepsr4ever, what are the benfits of the oil pump kit you sell?
    - Pablo

1981 CJ-7 Laredo 360 V8 - Edelbrock EFI & Heads
    1995 YJ Sahara

I have heard from many people that the PH25 is the incorrect filter to use for our trucks - the PH11 is better because it is much larger and can filter more effectively. I have also heard that Fram got the part numbers wrong...
    1974 Jeep Cherokee S, 401
    See home page for specs

Quote Originally Posted by pablorg
    Just came back from installing a FRAM PH-25. Seems to be fine now... Although my friend's 258-powered-oil-gauge seems to be quicker to go to the middle.

Thanks a lot for the responses.

on a sidenote, jeepsr4ever, what are the benfits of the oil pump kit you sell?
    Pablo steer clear of the Frams if possible. The Wix is a better choice and will offer less load on the distributor/cam gears.

As far as our pump are concerned they come with tighter specs than the factory pump and have been outlasting the factory pump because of this.
    [COLOR=#000000]