Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
COLLAPSED PISTON - Page 26
Bulltear Ad
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: COLLAPSED PISTON

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    This stuff makes my head hurt - isn't there an easier way to figure out a good cam, the difference between dynamic and static compression ratios and "ultimate" flow rates ???
    Sure is - call the cam maker of your choice with ALL the other specs of your vehicle & it's intended useage!!!
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    '69 BigBadOrange AMX 390. Former NHRA 'Hot Rod", 9.80s @ mid 130s. Hurst/Airheart front discs brakes.
    Nostalgia ProStock.

'71 AMX 401 w/5-speed Richmond RR trans. 4 wheel disc. 500++ HP. Nostalgia TransAm.
    .................................................. .................................................. .........
    mailto: dhoelcher@Comcast.net GPS: 41.78, -86.24

I was just comparing Fuzz's cam to ours. They are actually very similar.

Ours:
    Intake opening 42* BTC
    Intake closing 72* ABC
    Intake centerline 105* ATC
    Exhaust opening 82* BBC
    Exhaust closing 32* ATC
    Exhaust centerline 115* BTC
    294* duration on both intake and exhaust
    LSA 110*

Fuzz's:
    Intake opening 42* BTC
    Intake closing 70* ABC
    Intake centerline 104* ATC
    Exhaust opening 81* BBC
    Exhaust closing 37* ATC
    Exhaust centerline 112* BTC
    292* duration on intake
    298* duration on exhaust
    LSA 108*

Looks like the biggest difference is in the ramps. Our .050 duration is 218/218, Fuzz's is 246/250. Also, our lift is .488/.488, Fuzz's is .500/.510.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    my cam card

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Yeah, I just realized I screwed up in my comparison above. The valve events I showed for yours are at .050. I'm working on adjusting them so it's an apples to apples comparison. Stay tuned.

Previous post is corrected now.

Next chapter in the continuing saga...

We were at the machine shop that screwed up our engine last night to see what agreement we could come to. The owner was very apolgetic and most cooperative in helping us get our engine back in shape. We presented him with a list of parts we wanted replaced that came to over $1000, and he had no problem with that. We told him if he could get the parts at a better price than us, no problem, just give us the parts. If not, give us the money and we'd get them. We agreed that we would get the exact parts specified.

He was willing to do the machine work and assembly at no cost to us also, but wouldn't pay to have another shop do the work. We decided we wanted to have the machine work done elsewhere, and agreed we would eat that cost. (Now, I just hope the new machine shop bill doesn't get too big.)

Now we're gonna get the engine to the new shop ASAP and start making some progress finally.