Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steel sleeved oil pump

Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    Well the trul amazing thing is the number of AMC's that are still doodling along out there with 2 or 3 psi at idle..20 psi max.. and driving every day pushing plows and daily commutes.
    Oh yea raise the idle to get the light to go off!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zero cool
    I would like to have the oil pump last as long as possible, giving me the oil pressure that keeps the engine alive.
    And with that said and the money you have into your motor I would think you will be changing your oil/filter around every 3k miles, unlike some that may have been changed 4 or 5 times in it’s life of 100k. Dirty oil is what kills a motor/pump, keep it clean and it will last a long time even with stock parts.

Do “I” think the nickel cover is a good thing yes and think it’s just what you are looking for. If I have the money when I do my next motor I may go for one too.
    Dave ----
    75 GremlinX v8 64k
    76 GremlinX i6 (15yr sons)
    70 Javelin MD 390/4sp (360 now)
    70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto best time 12.88...best speed 103.64 mph...best 60' 1.835 no tuning

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    fuzz face.. you need to sell that 75 gremlin x to me so I can go racing again.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzFace2
    And with that said and the money you have into your motor I would think you will be changing your oil/filter around every 3k miles, unlike some that may have been changed 4 or 5 times in it’s life of 100k. Dirty oil is what kills a motor/pump, keep it clean and it will last a long time even with stock parts.

Do “I” think the nickel cover is a good thing yes and think it’s just what you are looking for. If I have the money when I do my next motor I may go for one too.
    Dave ----
    As soon as the break in is done, the 401 will live on full synthetic with 5K intervals. If I ever have to get into the engine again, the nickle plated cover will go on.

And since my CJ's 360 is still on the engine stand, I do believe it will be getting a nickle plated cover soon.
    1977 AMC Jeep Cherokee: 360/TH400/1339/44/44 - Beavis
    1984 AMC Jeep CJ7: 401/SM465/AtlasII/44/9" - Grimm Jeeper
    1986 Chevy K20: 5.3/4L60/NP241/10b/14b - Tow Rig
    2004 Pontiac GTO: LS1/T56/M80 - :D

Try out my gear ratio calculator (Now in metric)