Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wiring help

Thanks for the reply
    I had to replace the vacuum unit on my 75 Gremlin when I first got it 10+ years ago.
    You know I am fighting that same thing for years now. I have replaced the box (ECM) so I don’t think that is it. When it dies you never have testing tools with you, well now I do but think it’s the pick up in the dist. The car is all stock 64k so I hate to start cutting it up.
    Dave ----
    75 GremlinX v8 64k
    76 GremlinX i6 (15yr sons)
    70 Javelin MD 390/4sp (360 now)
    70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto best time 12.88...best speed 103.64 mph...best 60' 1.835 no tuning

well shes all wired up, and I fired it up for the first time in weeks yesterday with the exhaust all hooked up, hedman headers to purple hornies and man does it sound MEAN sounds great though

I did find out that my dipstick tube was cracked so I need to find a new one, if i find one thats compatible today at napa or where ever I'll be all done today

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    not thread jacking but will the alternator from the I6 fit the V8, in a CJ. Im doin the swap and im getting stuff together and need to know. and my alternator is a 1 wire so that would be nice !

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    You won't find anything at an auto parts place. They might be available in the online store here. They are still available from Jeep dealers, or on ebay. The repros do need to be ground down slightly where they swedge into the block.

The old tube can be a pain to remove. I've used a slide hammer with a sheet metal screw, and I've heard of making a hook out of coat-hanger to slide thru and catch the bottom.

When you put the new tube in, do it with the dipstick inside, to be sure it passes thru the hole in the pan baffle.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford