Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil pump keeps loosing prime. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: oil pump keeps loosing prime.

Air in system

So what do you do to keep air this from happening again when I assemble another motor? I'm a little skeptical about air in the system since the engine accumulated several hours of run time and I would still get the problem.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Usually this is not a problem and usually only found in external filter setups. I dont know what exactly was the cause but if it was a defective part I will definately take action on that.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    In the BullTear Nickle Plated No-Filter-Bypass Oil Filter Adapters,
    the Pressure Bypass port in mine doesn't appear to be honed or polished.
    The Pressure Bypass in my original units has a honed bore.
    Should the Pressure Bypass Hole in the BullTear unit be Honed ?
    If the surface finish is rough, could the plunger leak or hang up opened,
    and could this possibly cause the priming problem(s) ?
    I haven't installed mine yet. Maybe I'll exchange it for a Stainless MidPlate instead.

No their is no need for a polished bore. What you see is wear from the plunger.
    [COLOR=#000000]

well i think i found my problem..

i tried a new dry filter and still nothing. soooo i pulled the pump again and took a closer look.

this is a pic of the midplate i got from Bulltear.. if you notice the two gaskets are the same. .010.. both have the gear relief both came with my s.s. midplate kit. it got me thinking.. duh.. the gasket between the adapter and the midplate should not have a relief cut for the gears.. so i wonder if i recieved the incorrect gaskets... i looked in the product section and sure enough the photo shows 2 different gaskets, just like i thought..

so what i did was slap on my old oil filter adapter and gasket and BAM i had oil pressure in about 2 seconds.. 60 psi...

tried it again this morning and it still had a prime .. took about a half second to build pressure.

so maybe MC can drop me the correct gasket in the snail mail so i can button this thing up? or am i way off base here?

I am sorry but the two gaskets are correct and should work perfectly. I suspect the oil filter adaptor was the issue. Please send back the oil filter adaptor. I am curious as to what is wrong there.
    [COLOR=#000000]

huh,

the 2 gasket you have shown in the product gallery for the midplate are different.. the two i have pictured were the ones included in my kit.. so it does not make a difference if you use a gear relief cut gasket between the midplate and the oil filter adapter?
    now i am more confused..

MC,

i will try to give you a call to chat.. I will send back what i have so you can take a look at it..

thanks
    Byron

We discontinued the bottom gasket after some "self proclaimed genius" installed them wrong and wanted warrantees on all the parts he had bought and broke because of this. Using a solid gasket or a pump gasket on the bottom doesnt make a difference. I am thinking that the bore for your relief plunger is too large. If you have boughten this part in the last 30 days I can exchange it otherwise we will make you a oversize plunger.
    [COLOR=#000000]

some people..

30 days... ha!

come on man projects take time... the plunger fit nice and tight.. no different than my o.e bore. .. why would the bore be bigger?

so am i S.O.L or what?

We have gone through these when we get them in and some were oversize by .005 causing the pressure bleedoff to open and slow the pressure buildup. I cant say if this is the case for you but I would love to check out that adaptor and any other that has this issue. Its just the process of elimination.
    [COLOR=#000000]